What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Avenger your a toss pot...... To suggest BA came to the club in a worse shape then SK or Ricky. You toss pot.

He came with a much better squad and if he doesn't make the top 8 next year id flick him. No excuses

Norman was essentially an unknown in the halves, only played about a season there at Brisbane and then the rest at fullback. Peats was a bench player at souths with a couple starting. Who else did he have that was greatly better than what we had in 2011?

The 2011 squad was still pretty good and the main thing that SK didn't have to contend with for at least 1 season was sandow.

hindy111

Post Whore
Scott shulte - I had a quick sticky beak on cowboys forum. Not really spoken about. So i guess he didn't stand out.

hindy111

Post Whore
Norman was essentially an unknown in the halves, only played about a season there at Brisbane and then the rest at fullback. Peats was a bench player at souths with a couple starting. Who else did he have that was greatly better than what we had in 2011?

The 2011 squad was still pretty good and the main thing that SK didn't have to contend with for at least 1 season was sandow.

Bring up a team list.....

Norman was an unkown so then give ricky credit for signing him same goes for peats. Neither costed 1.2 million and Norman will be a better play then foran next year.

You swapped Norman for Ben Roberts
Peats for MK
Semi for Toutai
Hoppa for Tonga
Manu for Ryan
KE for Ben smith
Tepai for Harrison
Watmough for Lassallo
Jnr Paulo for Allgood

This is your 2013 team
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Parramatta_Eels_season

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Bring up a team list.....

Norman was an unkown so then give ricky credit for signing him same goes for peats. Neither costed 1.2 million and Norman will be a better play then foran next year.

You swapped Norman for Ben Roberts
Peats for MK
Semi for Toutai
Hoppa for Tonga
Manu for Ryan
KE for Ben smith
Tepai for Harrison
Watmough for Lassallo
Jnr Paulo for Allgood

This is your 2013 team
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Parramatta_Eels_season

Semi, Ma'u, Edwards, Moeroa and Junior Paulo had 19 NRL games between them when Arthur came across as coach and 11 of those games were played by Jnr. So while they probably had more potential than the players they replaced the fact is they still could have been numpties.

You do remember that Tonga was here in 2014 right? And it was by far his best season with us since his re-signing.

Overall I think what coach you have is overrated but at the start of the 2014 season I don't think our squad was so much better than our 2011 squad. By the end there's no doubt that our 2014 squad was better but there was a lot of unknowns in the squad. I'm not disputing the 2013 squad was poo that's why I didn't bring it up.

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger your a toss pot...... To suggest BA came to the club in a worse shape then SK or Ricky. You toss pot.

He came with a much better squad and if he doesn't make the top 8 next year id flick him. No excuses

Arthur took over in 2014. Can you please tell me where we came on the table in 2012 and 2013? I couldn't give a f**k about what you think and your assessments on individual players, just answer me that you ignorant, uneducated, trash talking dope.

PS Is that the reaction you wanted?

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
What's the good word Stagger, is he confirmed ?

Could be....The Bishop has been doing his rounds, especially at Tangmalangaloo...

The bishop sat in lordly state and purple cap sublime,
And galvanized the old bush church at Confirmation time.

And all the kids were mustered up from fifty miles around,
With Sunday clothes, and staring eyes, and ignorance profound.
Now was it fate, or was it grace, whereby they yarded too
An overgrown two-storey lad from Tangmalangaloo?

A hefty son of virgin soil, where nature has her fling,
And grows the trefoil three feet high and mats it in the spring;
Where mighty hills uplift their heads to pierce the welkin's rim,
And trees sprout up a hundred feet before they shoot a limb;
There everything is big and grand, and men are giants too -
But Christian Knowledge wilts, alas, at Tangmalangaloo.

The bishop summed the youngsters up, as bishops only can;
He cast a searching glance around, then fixed upon his man.
But glum and dumb and undismayed through every bout he sat;
He seemed to think that he was there, but wasn't sure of that.
The bishop gave a scornful look, as bishops sometimes do,
And glared right through the pagan in from Tangmalangaloo.

"Come, tell me, boy," his lordship said in crushing tones severe,
"Come, tell me why is Christmas Day the greatest of the year?
"How is it that around the world we celebrate that day
"And send a name upon a card to those who're far away?
"Why is it wandering ones return with smiles and greetings, too?"
A squall of knowledge hit the lad from Tangmalangaloo.

He gave a lurch which set a-shake the vases on the shelf,
He knocked the benches all askew, up-ending of himself.
And so, how pleased his lordship was, and how he smiled to say,
"That's good, my boy. Come, tell me now; and what is Christmas Day?"
The ready answer bared a fact no bishop ever knew -
"It's the day before the races out at Tangmalangaloo.

hindy111

Post Whore
Arthur took over in 2014. Can you please tell me where we came on the table in 2012 and 2013? I couldn't give a f**k about what you think and your assessments on individual players, just answer me that you ignorant, uneducated, trash talking dope.

PS Is that the reaction you wanted?

I am just saying - Ricky had a lot worse squad than BA. Ricky made some good signings in Norman and peats on modest contracts. He also brought Semi into grade. Tot op it off he had a huge injury toll

BA has done well but he had a lot better squad. Players we have mentioned like KE - Tepai -Hoppa- Manu had a huge potential where guys like Ben Smith -Ryan - Lassallo where garbage.

The guys like Semi and Jnr who had played a few games prior to BA where blooded by the former coach. Neither are at their full potential.Both are 1-2 full years away from being near their best.

I am not hating on BA. I think he has done ok. The team Ricky had thou was never going to go as well. I like most the guys BA has signed. I will say thou if Watmough - Beau Scott and Foran all do not fire for the best part of their contracts and we are not in the finals BA has left us in a mess. There is no doubt we will lose talented juniors due to salary cap strain from these signings. The Norman/Peats signings look excellent and a lot less risk then these 3.

As i have stated before i think we will finish top 4 next year. Yes we finished last those year. We also where one win from finishing from the bottom as well. Maybe you need a reality check. I give the excuse thou that this was a disrupted year with no Hayne and the Sandow mess.

As far as uneducated goes - Well my spelling may not be great. But i have skills in other areas - A high chance more skills than yourself - I mean i can also cook a snag on a bbq or does it require extra skills to cook a cevapi?

Kornstar

Coach
I don't know why TV executives think we want to see pathetic, lying journalists on our TVs? Hooper, Kent, Massoud etc. are useless and you can see when they are asked question their brains turning to make up shit when they clearly have no idea but they need to make it look like they have an idea and ear to the ground so people will lap up the shit they report on!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Paul Kent is a whining little lowlife, claims to love the game but spends all his time bagging the shit out of it.

Hooper is even worse, smug untalented nobody. RL journos are the scum of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts