What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, true

all this is unofficial of course but the club are moving on I dont believe there will be any more incoming which ever way Hoppa's case goes

strider

Post Whore
so if we are waiting on hoppa's case to announce gutherson, does that mean there is a risk of losing him if things don't pan out well for us? (another court case? - lol)

hindy111

Post Whore
Schulte is a back-row, centre or winger. I personally think we'll train him up for the wing spot as we have enough back-rowers and with Taka and probably Gutherson we won't need another first grade centre. It'll be a battle for our right wing spot between Schulte, Morgan, Faraimo, Lavaka, and maybe French and Davis.

Is Moss a chance for the wing? He is better then any of the guys you have mentioned. I wouldn't be suprised if he takes Gordons spot and pushes him to the wing.

Also what about Falou? He has to be a chance for the wing?

Has Davis been signed?

lingard

Coach
Arthur took over in 2014. Can you please tell me where we came on the table in 2012 and 2013? I couldn't give a f**k about what you think and your assessments on individual players, just answer me that you ignorant, uneducated, trash talking dope.

PS Is that the reaction you wanted?

No, I think he wanted you to fire up a bit.

lingard

Coach
I am just saying - Ricky had a lot worse squad than BA. Ricky made some good signings in Norman and peats on modest contracts. He also brought Semi into grade. Tot op it off he had a huge injury toll

BA has done well but he had a lot better squad. Players we have mentioned like KE - Tepai -Hoppa- Manu had a huge potential where guys like Ben Smith -Ryan - Lassallo where garbage.

The guys like Semi and Jnr who had played a few games prior to BA where blooded by the former coach. Neither are at their full potential.Both are 1-2 full years away from being near their best.

I am not hating on BA. I think he has done ok. The team Ricky had thou was never going to go as well. I like most the guys BA has signed. I will say thou if Watmough - Beau Scott and Foran all do not fire for the best part of their contracts and we are not in the finals BA has left us in a mess. There is no doubt we will lose talented juniors due to salary cap strain from these signings. The Norman/Peats signings look excellent and a lot less risk then these 3.

As i have stated before i think we will finish top 4 next year. Yes we finished last those year. We also where one win from finishing from the bottom as well. Maybe you need a reality check. I give the excuse thou that this was a disrupted year with no Hayne and the Sandow mess.

As far as uneducated goes - Well my spelling may not be great. But i have skills in other areas - A high chance more skills than yourself - I mean i can also cook a snag on a bbq or does it require extra skills to cook a cevapi?

What about our injury toll this year? And our second tier salary cap problems that prevented Arthur from picking the team he wanted for extended periods?

hindy111

Post Whore
And KE been told to look elsewhere. I rated Aliaoi from what i seen. I guess when you sign Watmough on 600k you have to shed KE + Aliaoi and still find another 300k.

As far as Tanginoa goes apparently he couldn't even make the cowboys reserve starting team.

Bit of a sour point we let Josh and maybe KE go

hindy111

Post Whore
What about our injury toll this year? And our second tier salary cap problems that prevented Arthur from picking the team he wanted for extended periods?

Like who Kelly over Sandow? That really would of changed our season. The guys who he could or wanted too pick where no better then he had to pick.
Morgan or Faraimo or Falou on the wing? No difference in the final result.
Semi and Jnr cost us a few games at start of season beeing out. The rest we had a decent run IMO. A lot of average guys injured and replaced by guys equal

hindy111

Post Whore
Even if he does win isn't it then up to the NRL to decide whether that money comes under the salary cap?

NRL do not want anything to do with the case. It will be settled out of court.

Prediction - Manly sign hoppa's dad to sg ball coach and his brother. Few backhand deals i am sure.Parra sign Gutherson from Manly.....
1 + 1 = Hoppa too manly.....Parra will throw him a few $$$ for stuffing him around. It will not count against cap but the NRL will fix a few floors in contract process for the future.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Is Moss a chance for the wing? He is better then any of the guys you have mentioned. I wouldn't be suprised if he takes Gordons spot and pushes him to the wing.

Also what about Falou? He has to be a chance for the wing?

Has Davis been signed?

The only reason you think he's better than any of the players I've mentioned is because he's from Penrith. If we signed Adam Docker you would think that he's the best forward at the club.

lingard

Coach
Schulte is a back-row, centre or winger. I personally think we'll train him up for the wing spot as we have enough back-rowers and with Taka and probably Gutherson we won't need another first grade centre. It'll be a battle for our right wing spot between Schulte, Morgan, Faraimo, Lavaka, and maybe French and Davis.

Hmm. This is what I've been waiting for. A fairly weak contingent there. I'm going to try out for that wing spot. In sixty years, what I've lost in speed I've also lost in size and strength - so I'm pretty well balanced.

Even if he does win isn't it then up to the NRL to decide whether that money comes under the salary cap?

Yep. But I reckon it would be at least a 50/50 chance that damages for a breach of contract (intended to be an NRL playing contract) would be added to our cap. And frankly, so it should if it turns out that Hoppa's version of what happened is correct. But, we seem to know only about 30% of the relevant facts so....who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts