What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
on channel 9 tonight they said (I'm not sure if everyone already knew all this)

- original offer agreed by hoppa was 3 yrs for +$2m
- hoppa's side proposed a compromise of 2 yrs for $600K each year
- we said no and offered just 1 yr @ $200K

Papa poka Hoppa said that was an insulting offer .... and tbh I'd agree - it is a joke offer

lingard

Coach
Like who Kelly over Sandow? That really would of changed our season. The guys who he could or wanted too pick where no better then he had to pick.
Morgan or Faraimo or Falou on the wing? No difference in the final result.
Semi and Jnr cost us a few games at start of season beeing out. The rest we had a decent run IMO. A lot of average guys injured and replaced by guys equal

I actually think Sandow cost us more games than we give him credit for.

hindy111

Post Whore
The only reason you think he's better than any of the players I've mentioned is because he's from Penrith. If we signed Adam Docker you would think that he's the best forward at the club.

Dockers bog average mate. Moss is class, just a little small.
Lavaka= Flaou=Faraimo=Toutati....Big island boys with power but not a whole lot more too there game. Slow off mark- Poor hands and low skill level.

Moss = Super quick - Super silky skills. If he stays fit may be our fullback ;)

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Hmm. This is what I've been waiting for. A fairly weak contingent there.

We spent bigger elsewhere so of course one of our wing options is going to be weak because there wasn't the funds to spend there. Most of the best wingers in the competition come from within, what high profile wingers get recruited by other clubs? The only ones I can think of were Sam Perrett who went across as a mid-season signing and Brett Morris who went across and played fullback. Do clubs even buy regular first grade wingers to play on the wing?

Who knows out of Schulte, French and Moss we may be able to find a solid first grade winger who may eventually move to a different position or stay a winger.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

So they confirm it was only agreed on and not signed? Or is this just another case of big Hoppa being illiterate and unable to convey his message properly once again?

hindy111

Post Whore

Papa poka Hoppa said that was an insulting offer .... and tbh I'd agree - it is a joke offer

Its almost a go away offer..... For what he shows i would say 350k would be reasonable. I could go as high as 400k and pay overs for his work ethics he brings to the club.
600k thou?

Parra47

Juniors
Dockers bog average mate. Moss is class, just a little small.
Lavaka= Flaou=Faraimo=Toutati....Big island boys with power but not a whole lot more too there game. Slow off mark- Poor hands and low skill level.

Moss = Super quick - Super silky skills. If he stays fit may be our fullback ;)

Raised a similar point in my fooball smarts players over just big bopper athletes, thread.

strider

Post Whore
So they confirm it was only agreed on and not signed? Or is this just another case of big Hoppa being illiterate and unable to convey his message properly once again?

big hoppa never directly commented on that original offer - just the final offer being an insult - he said that's what reserve graders get paid and will was an origin player

I think he's right (to an extent) - $200K is ridiculous for hoppa ... I'd say he warrants $350-400K - maybe even $450-500K in scott sewards parallel dimension .... I think he's a quality centre

hindy111

Post Whore
With Hoppa - Sounds to me like BA doesn't want what comes with Hoppa.The family and Media.....So they have gone lets get rid of him.

strider

Post Whore
Its almost a go away offer..... For what he shows i would say 350k would be reasonable. I could go as high as 400k and pay overs for his work ethics he brings to the club.
600k thou?

agree ... it's a "f**k off" offer .... I doubt their $600K compromise was their final position - we probably could have negotiated more but clearly didn't want to

Doesn't necessarily matter whether an offer presented by the club (via its CEO) to Hoppa was signed or not. It's not irrelevant (obviously), but it is not the whole story. The context in which any written offer was made is crucial.

hindy111

Post Whore
big hoppa never directly commented on that original offer - just the final offer being an insult - he said that's what reserve graders get paid and will was an origin player

I think he's right (to an extent) - $200K is ridiculous for hoppa ... I'd say he warrants $350-400K - maybe even $450-500K in scott sewards parallel dimension .... I think he's a quality centre

If there are 32 centres starting in rnd one.Hoppa comes in perhaps between 8th-14th..... Not sure what that demands money wise.

What would a guy like Taka cost or jennings or chambers?

strider

Post Whore
i find it hard for anyone to think we haven't f**ked this up considering the scott seward history

strider

Post Whore
If there are 32 centres starting in rnd one.Hoppa comes in perhaps between 8th-14th..... Not sure what that demands money wise.

What would a guy like Taka cost or jennings or chambers?

on his day hoppa can be one of the best .... his defense can shut down quality opponents - and he can set his winger up better than just about ANY centre in the NRL .... but he has not been consistent and he lacks the speed/agility all the big name centres have

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

pretty much highlights the fact that we didn't want him to me

emjaycee

Coach
My info is Gutherson is still on holidays and so cant sign his contract until he returns... not related to Hoppa saga at all.

strider

Post Whore
my guess is that we have about $400-500K wiggle room in the cap ... we probably signed gutherson to $250-300K ... so we are just going, here's the left over $200K'ish .... and maybe we believe that if shit goes south in court then the NRL will make us contribute that same $200K to his departure to play elsewhere .... so best case, we end up with about $200K cap room if court goes our way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts