What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Blues State of Origin star Will Hopoate is only days away from formalising his future with the Bulldogs.
The Parramatta star has been at odds with the Eels for much of this year over a contract dispute and his future has been in limbo.
Hopoate has been holidaying in Bali this week and has told friends he has all but agreed to sign with the Bulldogs, despite a late bid by Melbourne to sign him up.
The tall utility back is contracted to the Eels for next season but Parramatta are more than happy to let him go to free up salary cap space and end the messy dispute over his contract value.
Former chief executive Scott Seward signed Hopoate to a huge deal that the Eels believe they can no longer afford and stay under the salary cap.
The Eels may still may have to pay some of Hopoate’s wage when he moves to the Bulldogs, however.
The former Manly centre/winger had a fairly ordinary season at club level for the Eels this year but Des Hasler is a big fan of his talents.
Tall and strong, Hopoate has the ability to again become a top class finisher in the talented Bulldogs backline.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...anterbury-bulldogs/16ja3huy1a3zr1k72r4c4h9gq0

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Can anyone tell why Aliaoi was let go? He looked our best forward when playing for Wenty.And i thought he was signed for 2016. Strange one. And KE is he going as well?

Aloiai probably thought there was more opportunity for him to get a first grade spot at the Tigers. Here he has a few edge forwards to contend with: Ma'u, Scott, Edwards (not being let go as far as I know), Moeroa, Pauli. Who do the Tigers have? Sironen, Lovett, Chee-Kam, Joel Edwards. Do any of their second-rowers come anywhere close to ours?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Aloiai probably thought there was more opportunity for him to get a first grade spot at the Tigers. Here he has a few edge forwards to contend with: Ma'u, Scott, Edwards (not being let go as far as I know), Moeroa, Pauli. Who do the Tigers have? Sironen, Lovett, Chee-Kam, Joel Edwards. Do any of their second-rowers come anywhere close to ours?
Their back row is looking pretty woeful next season, Aloiai would probably walk into it. Sad to see a prospect like him go but our back row is brimming with talent.

Forty20

First Grade
Their back row is looking pretty woeful next season, Aloiai would probably walk into it. Sad to see a prospect like him go but our back row is brimming with talent.

Pretty much my view on it as well mate.

I wish Aloiai well, only real issue holding him back currently is how prone he is to injury.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I'm extremely disappointed that Aloiai won't be a part of our first grade team next year, since his debut in our NYC team in 2014 I just felt he would play first grade. He's an absolute beast, keeps pumping his legs through contact, huge work-rate and other than Tep he was the hardest hitter in that 2014 team and his technique of getting right under the ribs/ball of the defence is good to see.

If this was a few years ago I'd be concerned but as you've said we have talent in the back-row and we still have more coming through. This may open up funds for Tyrell Fuimaono and even though he's been injured for a while I still hold hopes for Jack Morris. And from what I've seen of Simon Fonua who's graduating from SG Ball this year he looks to be a solid player.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Good call but personally I'd rather Semi who is still learning and Morris at 29 is at the other end of his career, not to mention Semi has a better record and hasn't reached his peak yet imo.

I'd take Morris on the other wing tho, be a handy combination

Status
Not open for further replies.