What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingard

Coach
Women reporting DV do encounter victim remorse. They blame themselves, They think that he will change. They worry about the fuss they have caused. Where will I live. How will I support myself.

Now this woman has to deal with all guns blazing Chris Murphy who clearly intends to make her look like the guilty party. Like saying that the sexual assault victim "led him on" in cross examination.

Argh.

The literature says that women (on average) leave their partners about six times and return - before making the final split. Not sure where they get their figures or how accurate they are, but it certainly gives an indication of just how hard it is to leave a dominating and controlling man. I hate them. They give the rest of us blokes a bad name.

lingard

Coach
Spoke to him not long ago. He said he was disappointed with his 2015 season. He reckons the biggest difference between 2014 and 2015 for him was that he averaged 10 more tackles per game in 2015 which took away from his attack. He also said the rest of the team had to do more defending on the whole because of silly mistakes and penalties down in the opposition's end meaning they gave away good field position.

I don't think Peats is going to have a great running game out of dummy half like a Jake Granville but you'll also notice that Granville doesn't play 80 minutes so he is able to go harder in those limited minutes and then come off for a break and go again. Peats wants to be an 80 minute player so of course his running game is going to be hindered by that, as long as he attracts the markers and gets the ball to the correct side of the field then I'll be happy with him.

Perhaps with Sandow out of the side, Peats (and the whole team) will do less tackling?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Why? Given that the time delay involved directly reduced the spending power of the limited number of alternate employers, and therefore has left him with little other choice if he wishes to play football next year.

The time delay? When did we first announce we weren't interested? To prove that the number of alternate employers is reduced wouldn't one need to have an intimate knowledge of all clubs cap positions at the exact time of the refusal? And then their intentions on how they may or may not spend their remaining cap space, and whether Will Hopoate fits their plans... Let's be realistic, even if Hoppa's legal team is able to prove that, it will probably cost him the same amount to glean the information as he would be hoping to recoup - seems a bridge too far!
So taking a reduced amount might possibly mean that he loses some credibility to his argument of 'I wuz worth it' (depending on the nuances of the arguments of both sides) - doesn't HAVE to mean that, could go either way - you never know with judges sometimes...

It is still quite possible that Hoppa walks away from the courts with nothing. We haven't heard much from the club yet. That's not an admission of guilt is it?

Really, a fair argument might be that Hoppa should've accepted the reduced deal initially way back when, get something signed by the appropriate people and lodged with the NRL, and then he's playing ball. Could well be his, or his managers, fault with all this delay. (not saying it is - but there is another side to all this other than 'poor Hoppa get screwed')

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
In one day gronk has convicted Hazam El Masri, dismissed Will Hopoate's court case entirely, and now seems to be wanting to convict a few more blokes.

The most knowledge he is of any of them is a few snippets from newspapers. Not a shred of evidence, or any court documents.

:lol: these merkin Journos can't be trusted, unless they support his point of view...........

Alas, I have been run out of town by the 3 Amigos !

#curses

three-amigos.jpg

Or

The club has received advice and an indication from the NRL that:

1. If you make a payment to Hopoate then this will be considered under the salary cap under NRL rules

2. If you pay him nothing and Hopoate chooses to persue the matter in court, the issue is outside the NRL and is a civil matter between two parties, that has nothing to do with the NRL and the NRL will not include it in Parra's salary cap.

Hence, perhaps why the club will just the let the matter run it's cause through the courts system.

This is how I see it. The NRL cant count civil lawsuits against the cap for a contract they never laid eyes on. Though, worst case scenario is that we are liable to signficant damages for loss of earnings over the term of the signed deal. Reality is, any club interested in Hoppa is going to offer the bare minimum knowing we will be essentially liable for the rest.

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe. But imagine what would happen if Hoppa had decided to accept one of our lower offers (as opposed to Club Y's offer), but continued the legal action for the difference in contract value, and won damages. If the NRL doesn't slug a club in those circumstances, there'd be something seriously wrong. So why should it make a difference if, instead, his 2016 playing contract is with some other club?
Because the potential long term ramifications of having hoppa playing for an artificially low salary from that other club and smashing us for years in the salary cap won't fit into the nrls stance on the level playing field that the salary cap provides.

Imagine if hoppa was seeking enforcement of contract. That'd be scary

bartman

Immortal
If Hoppa has signed elsewhere (Gold Coast) for the same or more than our final offer to him, then his court action is just an investment/gamble in the hope of extracting more money, and end up close to what Seward had originally offered (but which was not followed through). Nothing to lose and everything to potentially gain.

Trying to take legal action against their employer while staying in their employ is ludicrous, so as soon as the Hoppa camp indicated that plan, the too-low-to-accept-offer was always going to come. As Baz has said, it comes down to whether Hoppa's camp can argue the time delay in realising Seward hadn't gone forward to register (say 10 days) cost Hoppa potential better offers than what he'll end up, and proof that that those better offers were not available to him when the court action was first mooted.

Good luck to him as a individual, and we're better for being rid of that Seward character, but we probably don't need Hoppa around the place this season if he's trying to sue the club. Hoppa was an Osborne/Kearney signing anyway, wasn't he... f**k him off!

Gronk

Staff member
Done deal Storm.

Done deal Manly.

Done deal Titans.

Now Dogs. :crazy:

Thankfully there is no rumour that he's staying an Eel.

CR6eNgcUAAETAyZ.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Peats played 19/24 games last year. So for me that is good enough to a full season.
Unlike Taka who seemed to be injured every game.

How many Kirean's in the NRL? We have two. Moss is taller then Barba and just a little bit smaller then Slater. Hopefully he stays fit and breaks into the team.

Bigfella

Coach
It's very exciting for Hindy and his two great passions: the mighty Penrith Panthers and Kieran moss.

(Oh and I forgot the third - lying about his sex life on the Internet)

hindy111

Post Whore
It's very exciting for Hindy and his two great passions: the mighty Penrith Panthers and Kieran moss.

(Oh and I forgot the third - lying about his sex life on the Internet)

Phil is running a little dictatorship down here :D

I just like the Moss kid. I watched him win the under 20's GF and thought he was one of the picks of the team. So did Phile golden balls the duke Gould.
He has been injured and unable to get a good crack the last 2 seasons and with Moylan and DWZ it would be almost impossible for him.
Gordon is not in the same class as those two. I could be wrong but rarely am. I have also brought up KING. Again if fit could take Peats spot.

hindy111

Post Whore
Can anyone tell why Aliaoi was let go? He looked our best forward when playing for Wenty.And i thought he was signed for 2016. Strange one. And KE is he going as well?

Parra47

Juniors
Can anyone tell why Aliaoi was let go? He looked our best forward when playing for Wenty.And i thought he was signed for 2016. Strange one. And KE is he going as well?

Did someone post that it's a swap for Matt Woods from the tigers?

This is how I see it. The NRL cant count civil lawsuits against the cap for a contract they never laid eyes on. .

Why? What if a club is paying a player 'under the table'? If discovered, would the NRL not count that toward the cap? If a court forced the club to honour the contract not disclosed to the NRL, would the NRL just say, 'OK, Storm, we'll just let that ride. S. Cmith can receive an extra $300k from you this year, and that's cool'.

The NRL may not assess any damages awarded, but people seem to have a great deal of confidence in their non-action that I can't explain.

I suspect someone will blink in the mean time and we'll never find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts