What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Rugby League News
‏@RugbyLeagueNews
Hearing talk that Sam Perrett may be released by the Bulldogs to sign a deal with GC Titans. Creating salary for Dogs to sign Will Hopoate.

While you ethnic cleansers keep carrying on, I must say I'm glad we didn't sign any chumps like Roger Tuivasa Sheck, and got rid of that bloke now playing in the NFL.

In fact, maybe BA told JH that we'd be getting rid of all of our Polynesian players once they were out of contract, so he thought he'd cut his losses? :)

I guess that's it for Tep, The Chairman, Kenny, Peni, Jnr, et al. too

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
While you ethnic cleansers keep carrying on, I must say I'm glad we didn't sign any chumps like Roger Tuivasa Sheck, and got rid of that bloke now playing in the NFL.

In fact, maybe BA told JH that we'd be getting rid of all of our Polynesian players once they were out of contract, so he thought he'd cut his losses? :)

Nah Baz. Pretty sure BA told JH he was too big for his knees, and he should try a new sport.

Sure there are great players in all ethnic backgrounds with great physical abilities. That has never been the issue.

It all stems down to attitude and culture.

I think that most coaches now get it that having size and power at junior level is one thing, but having focused consistent ruthless tenacity at the elite level is everything. And at this stage of the Polynesian western assimilation process, most don't have that yet.

Balance my boy, it's all about balance.

By the way, Semi and Hayne aren't Polynesian.

I reckon we just cut the players who weren't good enough or didn't have the right attitude. Yep, Polynesian may be over-represented in that sample, but so what? Lesser players out, better players in is the way I see it. I wouldn't have any objection to, say, signing Maria Hargreaves.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...k=9425071d006042f7db0bad322dde7f97-1445636592

Bill Moss in $49k defamation win against Fairfax’s Kate McClymont

The Australian
October 24, 2015 12:00AM

Former Macquarie Bank executive Bill Moss has won a defamation case against Fairfax journalist Kate McClymont over claims made in her book.

The NSW Supreme Court yesterday ordered McClymont and Random House, the publisher of He Who Must Be Obeid, pay Mr Moss $49,000 plus legal costs in a settlement reached by consent of both parties.

Mr Moss described McClymont’s work as “evil” and said he was pleased to be vindicated.

“It is simply evil that Kate McClymont and Random House would seek to make money by writing a book that contained information that was false and defamatory,” he said.

Judge Lucy McCallum said in a judgment on August 21 that many other people had been subject to “similar treatment” by McClymont.

“The particular chapter in which Mr Moss is featured is headed The Bagman, evidently a reference to Mr (Eddie) Obeid’s role in an attempt to bribe the NSW Labor government in circumstances where the approval of poker machines was a central requirement of the success of a development proposal backed by Mr Obeid,” she said.

“Many other characters in the book come in for similar treatment to that involved in the discussion of Mr Moss. That is, there is a collection of statements which, while not openly attributing dishonesty or corruption to those persons, convey those notions in the careful language of insinuation and scepticism.”

The first print run of He Who Must Be Obeid was pulped after the authors incorrectly named Chris Brown, the chief executive of an advisory firm and former head of the Tourism and Transport Forum and Infrastructure Partnerships Australia, as a business associate of Mr Obeid’s children.

It was a different Chris Brown.

Gronk

Staff member
I did not know that Moss / Obeid even crossed paths in life. There you go.

Throughout the 1990s, a Macquarie Bank director, Bill Moss, lived next door to the Fisheries Minister, Eddie Obeid.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/11/20/1037697740351.html

and he is even mentioned in this ABC transcript about the Oasis project.

NICK GRIMM: There is one recommendation which has arisen from the ICAC report. Assistant Commissioner John Slattery will ask the Director of Public Prosecutions to consider prosecuting one witness, a Dr Stephen Larkins, who had claimed during private hearings that the senior Macquarie Bank executive, Bill Moss, had offered to be an intermediary for corrupt payments.

It was a claim Bill Moss denied. The ICAC meanwhile found that Dr Larkins had powerful motives to fabricate evidence against the Macquarie Bank executive.
http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/stories/s794186.htm

natheel

Coach
With Hopoate tipped to go to dogs is there a chance we may get Perrett? He wouldn't be too expensive and would be a good wing option for us

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I have been told that a former controversial Parra board member is going around telling people that the NRL wants us to merge with the Tigers lol.

Fanbase

Juniors

Years ago the warriors coaching honchoes came out and said they had to change their recruitment style if they wanted a successful club. Said they needed to move away from a polynisian dominated team and sign AUSTRALIANS to give their team a harder and more competetive edge.
Having lived in a community with large numbers of islanders I know a bit about their culture. I am not racist but the do gooders love to say anyone who has anything to say about a race must be racist.
I suppose the warriors coaching staff were racist too.

Years ago the warriors coaching honchoes came out and said they had to change their recruitment style if they wanted a successful club. Said they needed to move away from a polynisian dominated team and sign AUSTRALIANS to give their team a harder and more competetive edge.
Having lived in a community with large numbers of islanders I know a bit about their culture. I am not racist but the do gooders love to say anyone who has anything to say about a race must be racist.
I suppose the warriors coaching staff were racist too.

Who called you a racist? You seem very keen to keep saying that you aren't one.

Just sign the best you can afford (in terms of attitude and ability). If that means you get a team of Aussies or whatever, that is fine. That is picking players on the basis of their revealed ability / attitude. Just don't sign players because they are of race X. That behaviour is racism pure and simple.

By the way, there's no need to shout 'AUSTRALIANS'.

Fanbase

Juniors
Who called you a racist? You seem very keen to keep saying that you aren't one.

Just sign the best you can afford (in terms of attitude and ability). If that means you get a team of Aussies or whatever, that is fine. That is picking players on the basis of their revealed ability / attitude. Just don't sign players because they are of race X. That behaviour is racism pure and simple.

By the way, there's no need to shout 'AUSTRALIANS'.

Ethnic cleansers keep carrying on. You said that. I am not shouting Australians I am telling you that is what the Warriors coaching staff said. And they meant Australians who are white and who are aboriginal and european. Just to break up the polynesian dominated teams they once had because they could not win on a regular basis.

Parra47

Juniors
Ethnic cleansers keep carrying on. You said that. I am not shouting Australians I am telling you that is what the Warriors coaching staff said. And they meant Australians who are white and who are aboriginal and european. Just to break up the polynesian dominated teams they once had because they could not win on a regular basis.

I remember that, was in the days when Warriors teams would be competitive for the first half and fade in the second.
Anyway be careful what you say on here or some will call you racist groover. It's what certain people call others when they disagree with them and become hysterical about it.
A couple of people and myself were called racist on here a couple of weeks ago when we said we're dissgusted with Muslim extremists who commit acts of terrorism.
There are some people with funny ideas out there....

Last edited:

Fanbase

Juniors
I remember that, was in the days when Warriors teams would be competitive for the first half and fade in the second.
Anyway be careful what you say on here or some will call you racist groover. It's what certain people call others when they disagree with them and become hysterical about it.
A couple of people and myself were called racist on here a couple of weeks ago when we said we're dissgusted with Muslim extremists who commit acts of terrorism.
There are some people with funny ideas out there....

Racist is just a catch word these people used if you say anything negative about someone who is not white. It has become a joke but most rational thinking people can see through it. Saying that anyone who brings any Euro trash sausages to my bbq is getting kicked out!! Lol only kidding. My Serb mate got me onto them and love em.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Could that be because a few years back the best athletes in New Zealand chose to play Union instead of league and in Australia the best athletes chose to play league instead of union?

Now that better athletes from NZ are playing league they don't need to pick up the ones from AUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts