What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Matters not where they are from but what they do on and off the field that makes them great players.

I understand the point that is trying to be made. That Parramatta in the junior ranks has shown preference to players from the Pacific Islands because of their natural tendency to be more physical and that has not translated to having the best players coming through.

This is what I believe he is trying to say. I don't agree with it but I can see the point when you look at some recent players we have had.

hindy111

Post Whore
Island boys offer a different style.... It is not racist too suggest a good balance is required between power and skill. In the juniors system thou because they tend to develop earlier they stand out a little more in the younger grades.
Why guys like Loko- Tanaginoa- Toutai - looked like world beaters in lower levels.

Has Matterson been released?

According to the SMH, yes:

The blue-and-golds are also poised to announce the re-signing of centre Ryan Morgan, who has agreed to a two-year contract extension. They will be losing some talent next season, however, with young playmaker Ryan Matterson released from his contract early to sign a two-year deal with the Roosters.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sin-bin-paul-gallen-signs-away-his-right-to-sue-cronulla-sharks-20150801-gipa6s.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Gronk

Staff member
Has Matterson been released?

From the Chookpen

ROOSTERS

Ins: Joe Burgess (Wigan Warriors), Mitchell Frei (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Ian Henderson (Catalan Dragons), Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels), Jayden Nikorima (Broncos) , Paki Afu (New Zealand)

Outs: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (New Zealand Warriors), James Maloney (Cronulla Sharks), Nene Macdonald (Gold Coast Titans), Nathan Stapleton (London Broncos), Scott Drinkwater (Melbourne Storm), Willis Meehan (released)

New contracts: Aidan Guerra (2 years), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (2 years), Dylan Napa (2 years), Siua Taukeiaho (2 years), Shaun Kenny-Dowall (2 years), Omar Slaimankhel (Joined mid-season until 2016), Latrell Mitchell (Extended contract until end of 2019), Daniel Tupou (2 years), Brendan Elliot (2 years), Blake Ferguson (2 years)

Future to be decided: Samisoni Langi, Matt McIlwrick, Lagi Setu, Jack Siejka, Willie Manu, Suaiai Matagi, Lopini Paea

2016 coach: Trent Robinson

http://www.nospam13.com.au/vb5/foru...ussion/620454-player-movements-for-2016/page4

The Colonel

Immortal
With them signing young Nikorima and already having Hastings it would appear highly unlikely he will be playing any first grade for a while unless he puts a massive effort in.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With them signing young Nikorima and already having Hastings it would appear highly unlikely he will be playing any first grade for a while unless he puts a massive effort in.

They need a fullback / 5/8 plus a top 17 back is nearly always injured. Plus Robinson seems like having a utility player on the bench.

Last edited:

Parra47

Juniors
Island boys offer a different style.... It is not racist too suggest a good balance is required between power and skill. In the juniors system thou because they tend to develop earlier they stand out a little more in the younger grades.
Why guys like Loko- Tanaginoa- Toutai - looked like world beaters in lower levels.

Careful, you'll be called racist. I agree with you by the way and have made the same point before .A mixture or football skill /smart players and power athletes.

Fanbase

Juniors
Listen to all the white haters. How racist are they. Good thing i have mates from a variety of backgrounds so i have an open opinion of the world unlike the anti whites on here. Take a hint you white hating racists I am first generation Aussie and i am not white lol. Yur polotics comes through loud and clear. Not all our family arived in big boats or planes.

Bigfella

Coach
Listen to all the white haters. How racist are they. Good thing i have mates from a variety of backgrounds so i have an open opinion of the world unlike the anti whites on here. Take a hint you white hating racists I am first generation Aussie and i am not white lol. Yur polotics comes through loud and clear. Not all our family arived in big boats or planes.

You are probably the most obnoxious merkin I've come across on here, and that's a massive achievement.

Talk about bringing nothing to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fanbase

Juniors
Listen to all the white haters. How racist are they. Good thing i have mates from a variety of backgrounds so i have an open opinion of the world unlike the anti whites on here. Take a hint you white hating racists I am first generation Aussie and i am not white lol. Yur polotics comes through loud and clear. Not all our family arived in big boats or planes.[/QUOTE

You are probably the most obnoxious merkin I've come across on here, and that's a massive achievement.

Talk about bringing nothing to the table.

And you the most racist fatso. Du Ma m.

Avenger

Immortal
Stick to big noting yourself on the internet buddy. You're far too angry and boring to contribute anything else.

Do you think you're entertaining? You are a nuisance to this site. It's never been the same since you arrived. You have an obvious mental problem and your release is here. I get that but it's sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts