What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And what would he have done with the lads when he had them???

Probably similar to the Kiwi national team. They don't overachieve, they don't underachieve. They just play to their ability. Coaches that do better than that are in high demand, and they avoid our club like the plague.

emjaycee

Coach
The hate towards Pou has probably just increased because it is harder for some to hate the club as much as they have and that hatred has gotta go somewhere :lol:

What a stupid f**king comment.

Was said tongue in cheek mate, but I gotta ask "did it hit a nerve?"

So avenger hates the club now too?

I dunno - does he? My use of the words probably and some could mean that I wasn't including everyone in my general statement - just those that reacted ;-)

Just because you smoke a few c**ks who work at the club doesn't mean you are a bigger fan than other people on here mate.

OUCH - that hurt. And where did I claim anything about the size of my "fanhood"?

hindy111

Post Whore
There are still barnies between Hindy111 and Avenger + Hineyrulz.... I guess our ones are not every convo thou but legit difference of opinion. Makes them a little more tastefull.

And don't Forget Ram.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lafai was in ordinary form all year. And was rumoured to be shopped around mid season. I think it has some legs.

eel01s

Bench
A club that let go of Thurston to keep Sherwin.

I don't think we should be too critical of their recruitment decisions - especially when you compare them to ours over the same period. Having said that it doesn't sound like a great swap (Hoppa for Lafai). Would we be able to afford him seeing Gutherson has apparently signed?

Gronk

Staff member
Ok if true that Dessie thinks that Hoppa is a fullback, then he's lost the plot.

HearItHereNRL ‏@HearItHereNRL · 24m24 minutes ago
@mattcrf @RLW_Mole hoppa will play fullback Morris wing

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lafai and the coach weren't apparently on the best of terms, Hoppa is not the worst replacement at the right price if they can't work things out.

Are we really in a position to bag the Dogs over recruitment after the dross we have signed since the Brian Smith years???

And if anyone really thinks the Dogs let go of Thurston for footballing reasons they are kidding themselves.

Gronk

Staff member
Lafai and the coach weren't apparently on the best of terms, Hoppa is not the worst replacement at the right price if they can't work things out.

Are we really in a position to bag the Dogs over recruitment after the dross we have signed since the Brian Smith years???

And if anyone really thinks the Dogs let go of Thurston for footballing reasons they are kidding themselves.

Yes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: Fair dunkum, you can't be serious. When we make two GF's and are a constant top 4 threat we can give a club like the dogs stick. We haven't made the finals in over 6 years and have a list of flops as long as your arm.

emjaycee

Coach
:lol: Fair dunkum, you can't be serious. When we make two GF's and are a constant top 4 threat we can give a club like the dogs stick. We haven't made the finals in over 6 years and have a list of flops as long as your arm.

Exactly - our recruitment over the last 8 years and up until this year has been average at best.
A variety of reasons but the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.