What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think a larger factor in the women leaving was the emergence of social networks (facebook, twitter, etc) - not saying thats the only reason, but I reckon its a fair part

I don't actually think pou is just a troll - alot of his posts are fair enough opinions - just often entirely optimistic when the the general mood of the topic is the opposite ... so what? nothing to die over ... even if he's saying it just to be the opposite, so what

back in the early days I couldn't stand pou ... but I've mellowed and think he's a smart, funny, footy-wise merkin (I think he's mellowed a bit too) - and I like him posting here - makes things interesting

yep, and thats where they are and a lot of us are still connected, past and present

Yeah, I miss half

I dont, arsehole threw up on my shoe last time I saw him at the Rose and Crown after a game

He moved to Kings Cross from Penruff and no one has seen him since

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Skinhead had mates of all backgrounds? Yeah right i think your making up stories now. Lets go back to a mostly islander team its been working well. Just ask the Warriors coaches who realised they needed a more balanced team.

Definitely not making up stories. He just believed that he and every other person of Anglo-Saxon descent was better than everyone that wasn't. Don't know why that isn't a hard consort for you to grasp, probably because you and your UPF mates don't live in the real world.

You're trying so hard to make this a problem for other people when it is only your problem that you believe there must be a mix of races to be competitve when there's absolutely no proof that having a mix of backgrounds or a team full of only one ethnicity is beneficial.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Definitely not making up stories. He just believed that he and every other person of Anglo-Saxon descent was better than everyone that wasn't. Don't know why that isn't a hard consort for you to grasp, probably because you and your UPF mates don't live in the real world.

You're trying so hard to make this a problem for other people when it is only your problem that you believe there must be a mix of races to be competitve when there's absolutely no proof that having a mix of backgrounds or a team full of only one ethnicity is beneficial.

Yeah okay Avenger we get it. You're better than us because you're from the former Yugoslavia.

bartman

Immortal
I think a larger factor in the women leaving was the emergence of social networks (facebook, twitter, etc) - not saying thats the only reason, but I reckon its a fair part
Massive factor imo. The advent of social networks is a far bigger attraction to many than a bulletin board/forum style footy-only site.
We have had a few women here in the past, even women moderators like Jess and Hala and I made a point of having women mods for a reason but I can assure you none of them left because of one person.
Just as well Stagger's stayed around, to keep the genders balanced ;-).

bartman

Immortal
Ok if true that Dessie thinks that Hoppa is a fullback, then he's lost the plot.

HearItHereNRL ‏@HearItHereNRL · 24m24 minutes ago
@mattcrf @RLW_Mole hoppa will play fullback Morris wing
Hoppa proved he couldn't even be a fullback's waterboy for us, no chance he will succeed as fullback elsewhere.

T.S Quint

Coach
Hoppa proved he couldn't even be a fullback's waterboy for us, no chance he will succeed as fullback elsewhere.

Also, Brett Morris proved to be an outstanding fullback at the Bulldogs this year.
I'm calling bullshit. No way Morris gets moved to accommodate Hoppa.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
If we swap hoppa for Brett Morris the people responsible should be knighted

What are you talking about? Hoppa is only 23 whereas Morris is 30 next year. It would be another case of this club destroying a young player's future in favour of an old has-been that never really was.

#poe'slaw

Status
Not open for further replies.