What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfella

Coach
Actually he's probably quite a good barometer.

If he's in your top 13 you are a bad side.

If he's in your top 17 you are probably struggling with injury.

If he's outside your top 17 but available you probably have good depth and handy back ups in case of emergency.

Kornstar

Coach

If he's outside your top 17 but available you probably have good depth and handy back ups in case of emergency.

Are you talking about premiership winner, Mortimer?

While I agree with your point, he has played in two grand finals. One for a loss and one for a win.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

He was in the roosters premiership winning top 17 side for most of the year.

But agree not a top 13 player.

Parra47

Juniors
Mortimer was a solid five eight and played well in that roll for us the year we had that great run to the grand final. He's a ball runner, not a play maker /organise. Unfortunately after that year he's been used mostly as a dummy half or halfback. Those organising roles never really suited him.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He was in the roosters premiership winning top 17 side for most of the year.

But agree not a top 13 player.

I guess the point he is making is that for each of those GF teams he started the year outside the 17.
The teams who moved him into the 17 (or 13) didnt enjoy such success

lingard

Coach
Mortimer was a solid five eight and played well in that roll for us the year we had that great run to the grand final. He's a ball runner, not a play maker /organise. Unfortunately after that year he's been used mostly as a dummy half or halfback. Those organising roles never really suited him.

Mortimer only played for half the year in 2009. Also, I actually think Jeff Robson helped him a hell of a lot to settle into first grade and just concentrate on what he does best.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
John Simon was better.

agreed

yeah we did meet once at the R&C .... not sure if it was that night - if so I was well clear when half spilt his guts

It wasn't that night iir, it was Broncos game and we won, I also met Joey Grima that night, I think Suity introduced me

I always thought half was a chick

lets just say an effeminate guy, he was broke so I bought him 2 schooners and up they came

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts