What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Anyone heard the Dylan Farrell rumour? Got any legs?

@RugbyLeagueNews: Hearing Dragons will release Dylan Farrell from the final year of his contract to sign with Parramatta Eels for the 2016 season. #NRL

natheel

Coach
Ok good haha

If we get Farrell and he is cheap stays injury free and returns to his Souths form I think a centre pairing of Gutherson and Farrell with Takairangi on the bench wouldn't be too bad.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Farrell is an decent player but is no better or worse then Morgan. Would ensure there is a few players fighting for a back spot.

I would prefer Morgan but good to have depth

South coast junior.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Farrell is ok. Would be a marginal upgrade over Morgs in the centres. Would be a huge upgrade over Morgs on the wing (ie, he can catch bombs, so would be able to line up defensively on the wing)

Useful signing, don't hold your breath waiting for him to be our saviour, but don't be surprised if he locks down a FG spot either. Low risk, moderate reward possibility.

That's how I would see him anyway!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Farrell is ok. Would be a marginal upgrade over Morgs in the centres. Would be a huge upgrade over Morgs on the wing (ie, he can catch bombs, so would be able to line up defensively on the wing)

Useful signing, don't hold your breath waiting for him to be our saviour, but don't be surprised if he locks down a FG spot either. Low risk, moderate reward possibility.

Pretty much bang on, he's an experienced first grader who can fill a hole in the backline. We did start this season with Champion as a starter in the centres so this guy on the cheap isn't a bad thing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I see Morgan as player that can score a try if given an opportunity. Some have suggested Farrell is more a defensive player then an attacking player.

But just looking at stats, Morgan has played 84 games for 29 tries and Farrell 90 games for 31 tries. Yet he has only scored 1 try with the Dragons. So Farrell at the dragons really suffered from their poor attack, at Souths he wasn't to bad. A lot better then his last 2 years suggest.

Still young and a big boy approx 188 cm / 100 kg.

That's about right, but Farrell's seems a considerably bigger injury risk. So a match payments-heavy deal is in order.

Parra47

Juniors

Totally agree. Nothing special but probably runs the ball a bit better than Morgan.

Parra47

Juniors
Mortimer only played for half the year in 2009. Also, I actually think Jeff Robson helped him a hell of a lot to settle into first grade and just concentrate on what he does best.

Yes he did, th the half we made the run to the grand final. My point exactly . He had a halfback to do most of the organisation of the team and he could play more of a running game that suits his style of play

Status
Not open for further replies.