What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Falou could turn out too be a very good player.
Koribete? Strong but hands like feet. Does silly things.No thanks

Avenger

Immortal
I think John Folau and Pauli Pauli are the most overrated juniors at our club. I'd persist with Pauli but I can't see what they see in Folau.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think John Folau and Pauli Pauli are the most overrated juniors at our club. I'd persist with Pauli but I can't see what they see in Folau.

I thought the same but a few of the tries he scored impressed me. Carrying 3 players over the line.

Lacks speed but so does Idris.Does not mean he can not make it. I am not saying he will but i wont give up on him yet.

Pauli lacks Balls. One week i feel he will go a long way and the next he does not look like a first grader. Again young so give him a chance. He still hasn't developed completely yet.Carrying a lot of puppy fat.

The Colonel

Immortal

Really, the NYC has stuffed a lot of clubs and their juniors. The clubs, and the supporters, expect way too much out of the NYC players. Ben Hunt is case in point, he has taken a good number of seasons to establish himself as a top line NRL half. I think we expect way too much out of our juniors and they need plenty of time to develop. Pauli, Folau and Toutai, if persisted with will eventually forge 100+ game
NRL careers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Condsidering that are letting go of Gutherson why would they pay way more for Hoppa??? Is he better than any of their other backline player??? I'd take any of them over him for next year.

Hopoate is a proven first grader plus a current Origin player. He's certainly a better centre than Gutherson. If he goes to Manly they can move Lyon into the halves and Hopoate could form a pretty good combination with DCE and Trbojevich on the right.

Avenger

Immortal
I think we expect way too much out of our juniors and they need plenty of time to develop. Pauli, Folau and Toutai, if persisted with will eventually forge 100+ game
NRL careers.

We do expect too much and so we should considering what we have to choose from. Arthur obviously agrees with you, because he has re-signed them all. Hope he is right but I can't see it besides Pauli.

What we have been lacking is our obvious curse since 86 and that is a top 6 and 7. We have the makings of a great combination in 2016, we just need to see who plays on the right seeing that both of them naturally play on the left.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree Pou- Gutherson wont start in our team rnd 1 .He will be behind Gordon-Taka-Semi-Morgan-Falou-Faraimo-Moss. He will start at Wenty and you would think force his way into the team.
Hoppa would make every teams backline-Perhaps not at centre but on the wing.

Cost and potential thou? Gutherson still may be a bust. Hoppa is proven just overpaid.

The Colonel

Immortal
We do expect too much and so we should considering what we have to choose from. Arthur obviously agrees with you, because he has re-signed them all. Hope he is right but I can't see it besides Pauli.

What we have been lacking is our obvious curse since 86 and that is a top 6 and 7. We have the makings of a great combination in 2016, we just need to see who plays on the right seeing that both of them naturally play on the left.

I think the new rules will help our club as much as anyone. We have a lot of players that will benefit from the limited interchange. I hope Arthur is right. I believe he is. I think our backline will be very interesting next year. Am really keen to see how Foran and Norman combine.

The NYC concept hasn't worked obviously. The change away from it from 2017 highlights that. We need some players to develop naturally rather than overnight.

hindy111

Post Whore
The special players Colonel will make it too first grade. The Toutai's of this world may play some first grade but are just squad players. Some have it and some dont. The real good ones are playing by 20 as they are tearing the lower grades to bits and are too good too leave out.
Gordon thou was a good example of not always true. But in general the special players that go on to play origin etc will be playing in the NRL by around age 20.( backs not halves or forwards )

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Still a bit of a project player. Get him to trim down a few kgs and work on his agility before the line and he could be an okay winger and possible centre. It also helps that we didn't have any outstanding outside backs finishing their 20's career this season. The one I'm interested to see how he pans out is Atini Gafa. He can cut footloose.

hindy111

Post Whore
hodges-lyons-hayne-stewart-slater-Morris-Jennings-Triboivic-Walker-Inglis-Coote-Dugan.....

I can keep going ; ) Guys like Toutai who arent established first grader by now never will amount to $hit.

hindy111

Post Whore
Still a bit of a project player. Get him to trim down a few kgs and work on his agility before the line and he could be an okay winger and possible centre. It also helps that we didn't have any outstanding outside backs finishing their 20's career this season. The one I'm interested to see how he pans out is Atini Gafa. He can cut footloose.

Did he only come into the team late on? Whats your thoughts on Miski? Personaly i think he looked garbage but puts in a lot of effort -Like Mansour so when you get a guy like that you cant write them of completely .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hopoate is a proven first grader plus a current Origin player. He's certainly a better centre than Gutherson. If he goes to Manly they can move Lyon into the halves and Hopoate could form a pretty good combination with DCE and Trbojevich on the right.
What are they paying him with??? Lollypops and rainbow dreams???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They're probably back ending his contract. Plus he's probably going there for a lot less than he was on here. Then there's the fact they're paying his old man for his 'coaching job'. How much does Will want to help his old man get away from working for gangsters?

Gronk

Staff member
2 or 3 years ?

7th_Tackle ‏@7th_Tackle 2h2 hours ago
FIRST on @7NewsSydney tonight: @TheParraEels have signed @SeaEagles young gun @ClintGutherson on a three-year deal. @7Sport @ryanphelan_tv

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Did he only come into the team late on? Whats your thoughts on Miski? Personaly i think he looked garbage but puts in a lot of effort -Like Mansour so when you get a guy like that you cant write them of completely .

I think he debuted around mid-year and was in the team pretty much every week after that. I don't think Miski will be anything spectacular. The Mansour comparisons come from appearance alone, he doesn't have the production or finishing of Mansour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts