What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
What a load of shit.

WHEREEEEEEEEE???????

OK, I saw it..... thanks for pointing it out...

shit_shit.jpg

oldmancraigy

Coach
Why is there an assumption Hoppa goes to Manly?

It makes sense with the family connection,, but just because we got Gutherson does not mean they have to get Hoppa.
The line on Gutherson is cap pressures. Sea Eagles fans see to want to spend the $$ on a forward, what their recruitment wants might be vastly different, but spending his $220ish on a forward gives them a solid first grader.
They signed Gutho in April, the latter emergence of TTrbo is reason enough to turn around and say 'ok, forward please'

Why is there an assumption Hoppa goes to Manly?

Coz of this:

Double switch
We are hearing that the Eels are close to signing Manly centre/fullback Clint Gutherson. He missed this season with a knee injury ? but he has made a complete recovery. And now it's worth asking the question if Gutherson's exit will open the way for Will Hopoate to end up back at Manly.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...y-incident-20150926-gjvl2p.html#ixzz3mqaAgL2l
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

hindy111

Post Whore
Gutherson may be promising. But he is yet to prove himself. I have seen him a few time and he has looked promising.
Coming of an ACL and an ankle injury thou I wouldn't say he is a certainty for round one. I agree he will force his way into out top 17 but giving him 2-3 games in Wenty would be the right thing to do.

As far a falou - Was he ever highly rated? Not on here he wasn't. By the coaching staff? I do not recall falou ever being rated that high. Unlike Davis.
I would still say Falou is a chance of being a solid first grade option. Had a few injuries this year an I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Pauli has shown glimpses. Like ive said before he could become a great player but just as much a chance of fading into the sunset. 2016 will be a big year for him.

Parra47

Juniors
Gutherson won't need time with wenty if his trial game form is good enough. That's what pre season trials are for, to get players match ready.

natheel

Coach
From news reports last night Hopoate to Storm is still the go and Gutherson has signed with us. So the good thing is manly get sweet f all out of the deal haha

Also Sandor Earl in talks with us should his appeal be granted he will be an eel by the sounds of it

Chipmunk

Coach
From news reports last night Hopoate to Storm is still the go and Gutherson has signed with us. So the good thing is manly get sweet f all out of the deal haha

Also Sandor Earl in talks with us should his appeal be granted he will be an eel by the sounds of it

With Duffie going to rugby there's a slot there at right wing for Hopoate at the Storm now. I dare say there will be opportunities in the centres if Slater gets injured also.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
PARRAMATTA are considering throwing Sandor Earl a lifeline should he be cleared to resume his career next season.

Earl has had an appeal heard at the NRL and, if successful, will be allowed to play again in 2016.
The former Raiders and Panthers winger was the one player to ‘roll over’ when the ASADA scandal exploded, rocking the game in 2013.
He agreed to assist ASADA with their investigation - and was given a four year ban for his troubles.
Earl’s legal team is hoping to have the ban halved, clearing him to return next season.
Earl has had talks with the Eels and has kept in top shape while living in Thailand for the past 18 months.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...rl-2015-grand-final/71q8osmiesym1lp2z2ek9inax

Parra47

Juniors
Earl certainly stuffed up big time and I have no tolerance for drugs or drug cheats/suppliers etc.
Having said this he is a young man who has served a two year penalty away from our game. People deserve chances so I'd be comfortable with him coming to Parra if he has learnt from this mistake.
Skilful winger with good size and pace. A bit erratic in his play which limited his nrl appearances but I'd be happy to give him a go.
Helps strengthen our outside backs depth and would be cheap.

Last edited:
Earl certainly stuffed up big time and I have no tolerance for drugs or drug cheats/suppliers etc.
Having said this he is a young man who has served a two year penalty away from our game. People deserve chances so I'd be comfortable with him coming to Parra if he has learnt from this mistake.

Yeh, I think 2 years seem ok given that he wasn't done for supply (AFAIK), and he at least put his hands up. I have more problem with people who drive motor vehicles while nearly comatose.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Does anyone have a problem with Wicks playing for us?
Not at all, and as Noise said what he did had nothing on what Wicks did. Can't see a problem with throwing him a life line and if he doesn't come off no harm no foul. Wicks turned out great for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts