What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am comparing our juniors too the junk/Garbage gould has produced.... That old chestnut. What a joke that guy is and hius crap juniors they have bought thru. Moylan and DWZ and Cartwright and co. I mean we have Toutai and Terepo and Falou.These are some real stars of the future.
Gould your nothing more than a goose.

Ok now lets go and find a few more 105kgs 6ft + tall island boys.Sign 20 of them and stick them in our under 20's...

Academy.

hindy111

Post Whore
So i guess that is the end of LOKO? What a shame. Maybe a team like melbourne will pick him up. I doubt many others will bother now.

lingard

Coach
Im hoping IDRIS- If penrith movie him on he will be out to prove a point.I can feel it.I do not see the harm in a one year deal with panthers picking up large part of the bill.

Ordinarily I'd say Idris is not such a bad risk - but if it's true that his own team-mates want him gone, that's a sure sign the guy is bad news. Don't want someone like that.

Less of a risk than this tool:

Canterbury Bulldogs centre Jacob Loko arrested for possession of ecstasy

Jacob Loko's NRL career is in tatters after the outgoing Canterbury player was arrested in possession of ecstasy on Saturday morning.
The Bulldogs confirmed in a statement that Loko has been "investigated by police in relation to possession of the drug ecstasy".
"The NRL integrity unit have been notified and the club will continue to investigate the issue alongside police," the statement read. "Whilst contracted to the club until the end of the month, Loko has been told he would not have his contract renewed for 2016."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canterbury-bulldogs/canterbury-bulldogs-centre-jacob-loko-career-all-but-over-after-drug-possession-20151003-gk0kzc.html

The Colonel

Immortal
Ordinarily I'd say Idris is not such a bad risk - but if it's true that his own team-mates want him gone, that's a sure sign the guy is bad news. Don't want someone like that.

Already had one of those players and have sent him overseas. Why bring in another?

Already had one of those players and have sent him overseas. Why bring in another?

Well, presumably we wouldn't be planning to pay Idris half a mill a season, so there's one difference.

We've taken a punt on some blokes reforming their behaviour....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...you just have to get them at a price that reflects the risk involved.

Having said that, not sure Idris is the style of player we need, so on top of his personal issues, we'd need a very decent discount.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well, presumably we wouldn't be planning to pay Idris half a mill a season, so there's one difference.

We've taken a punt on some blokes reforming their behaviour....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...you just have to get them at a price that reflects the risk involved.

Having said that, not sure Idris is the style of player we need, so on top of his personal issues, we'd need a very decent discount.

Has signed long term contracts with three clubs and hasn't seen them out. Is often injured, overweight and struggles with his rehab. He has had issues at all three clubs with team mates.
Has constantly talked about rugby league not being that big a deal to him.

Being cheap doesn't outweigh any of those. Taking a punt on blokes wanting to prove them self is one thing. On a bloke who looks like he doesn't give two f**ks is another.

Has signed long term contracts with three clubs and hasn't seen them out. Is often injured, overweight and struggles with his rehab. He has had issues at all three clubs with team mates.

Being cheap doesn't outweigh any of those. Taking a punt on blokes wanting to prove them self is one thing. On a bloke who looks like he doesn't give two f**ks is another.

Who suggested signing him to a long-term contract?

He would only be any chance of value for 2016, on the assumption that Penrith were paying most of the freight.

Every player with genuine NRL ability has a price at which they are worth a risk. His is just heavily discounted relative to his natural ability.

Are you suggesting that you wouldn't take him for the NRL minimum wage (for instance)?

Noise

Coach

I think he finished his Bulldogs contract.

The Colonel

Immortal
Who suggested signing him to a long-term contract?

He would only be any chance of value for 2016, on the assumption that Penrith were paying most of the freight.

Every player with genuine NRL ability has a price at which they are worth a risk. His is just heavily discounted relative to his natural ability.

Are you suggesting that you wouldn't take him for the NRL minimum wage (for instance)?

Yes. I don't think he is worth the risk. I highly doubt we would be picking him up at anywhere near minimum wage for a start. I think there are NYC players with more commitment that would be IMO much better, particularly in terms of attitude. Sure, pick him up cheap and if he doesn't work out we play him in Wenty. I just think that has been an attitude that has had us in trouble in the past. He obviously has nothing to prove unlike the likes of Wicks and Ma'u.

phantom eel

First Grade
Stay classy Loko... I remember some people here saying we'd regret letting another club take him in 2014, blaming coach/management etc etc.

We haven't regretted a second of letting this over-hyped, perennially injured, troublemaker go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts