What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Falonk jr will be no loss, makes you wonder why we re-signed him in the first place???

Are they seriously looking a Earl for a top 25 spot???? He's definitely worth a 2nd tier deal but not a top 25.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is he likely to play much first grade? If not then why sign him at all? If he was available for second tier money every club would be making offers.

TheRam

Coach
Did you miss the Gutherson signing, Ram?

No, but I expect Gordon to miss at least a quarter to half the season through injury. Sorry I know that is very negative, but I just see it coming, he has a history of it.

Therefore Morgan will be in the centres and Gutherson at fullback, unless we have someone like Idris, then we have options and very little negative impact if and when injury strikes. Also don't forget Taka has been fighting injuries all this last season, so who knows what lays ahead for our backline.

All I know is that we better get at least one more quality outside back or we will really feel it when injury comes our way.

TheRam

Coach
Yes. I don't think he is worth the risk. I highly doubt we would be picking him up at anywhere near minimum wage for a start. I think there are NYC players with more commitment that would be IMO much better, particularly in terms of attitude. Sure, pick him up cheap and if he doesn't work out we play him in Wenty. I just think that has been an attitude that has had us in trouble in the past. He obviously has nothing to prove unlike the likes of Wicks and Ma'u.

Like I said, at the right price and the right contract conditions. Unlike other rejects we signed with attitude problems, this one can play.

Spoke to a mate today who is a life long Manly fan. Knows the Trbojevic family, lives in the area et al. He is so cut with losing Gutherson. Reckons he has the ball skills to play 6. He reckons that it was not a choice between Trbojevic or him but that Gutherson was on decent coin for the next few years and we have taken over the contract in full. Lyon staying for another year pushed him out and the preference that the club has with Hiku over Gutherson.

The Manly coaching staff are freakin nuts. Gutherson is class and easily the best signing we have made in the last 6 or 7 years. Cheap and talented. Great combo.

I reckon Idris is worth the risk, but on a few conditions. As long as with arent paying his full contract price and we have a clause that he can be sacked if he f**ks up. Plus it's a 1 year contract with a second year option in our flavour ( gives us 2 years of value).

He won't affect our culture as we can just drop him to NSW cup if he isn't putting in at training - and no more training with the NRL squad. All we would lose is one years salary. But if he performs to his ability we gain a rep quality player at unders.

And as opposed to Sandow, we could easily drop him as we have other centres in squad to replace him ( we had no other top 25 halfback to replace Sandow ).

Sometimes to build a premiership winning squad you need to take some risks on players to beat the cap. Plus plenty of other f**kwits have given good value after being dicks at their previous side - Roberts, Carney, fifita, Ferguson, Dugan....

Something like this and she's all good in my books.

Gronk

Staff member
Off field incident in coming.

You mean this ?

telegraph_sportVerified account
‏@telegraph_sport
Andrew Johns allegedly passes out at airport after making sexually explicit comments. More: http://bit.ly/1Lp6HGk

CQXgBNRUEAAe2ho.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
Oh Dear......... AJ.

Anyhow, I believe the incident involves an Eels front rower and an alleged road rage incident.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, but I expect Gordon to miss at least a quarter to half the season through injury. Sorry I know that is very negative, but I just see it coming, he has a history of it.

He's played 69 games over the past three years. 2011 and 2012 he had injury woes (16 games total over the two seasons) - maybe you're thinking of this 'history' from over three years ago? The year before that (2010) he played 25 games.

Seems he's forever stuck in your memory as a player who is always injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts