What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
You mean this ?

telegraph_sportVerified account
‏@telegraph_sport
Andrew Johns allegedly passes out at airport after making sexually explicit comments. More: http://bit.ly/1Lp6HGk

CQXgBNRUEAAe2ho.jpg

Sexually explicit? "Kiss me" is explicit? f**k we live in a pathetic world!

We'll worry more about and be less sympathetic to what Andrew Johns does and then get all upset when people have opinions about what it means that a radicalised teenager obtained a gun and then killed a police employee and what that means in less than a year since the Lindt cafe siege.

Too many do gooders. Funnily enough though the same do gooders defending the teenager are the ones who have a completely different view of the shootings that happen in the USA.

hindy111

Post Whore
Here lies the problem - Falou and Matterson re-signed then offloaded 6 mths later. That makes you wonder how did there opinion change?

Poor talent scouting IMO. As I have mentioned before we just seem to flood our juniors with big islander boys.... From Lassalo to toutai too tanginoa terepo falou lavaka goodal Pauli.
Of course they look good in under 20s running over smaller guys. Watch the panthers show there skill.
Manly do not seem to have an Islander in there team. We need to get with the program.I reckon we have started recruiting and focusing lesson the power game in under 20's but a few years later then every other club as always.Behind the pack.

Why I have wraps on Twal. Confident he will be our captain in years too come. Like this kid.
Tim will tell thou. Id also much rather us sign Davis than guys like Faraimo. Davis looked ordinary last season when I watched him..But the year prior he had a touch of class. I want smart footballers with good hands. Pou you used to go on you can teach players that its power you cant teach. Honestly we need to find guys with both.

hindy111

Post Whore
And i'm not suggesting islanders aren't great player.But in the under 20s they are physically more developed at an earlier age then most so stand out with there superior power. Guys like Jnr and Tepai I think will lead the eels for 10+ years.

Parra47

Juniors
Most successful clubs have an organising play maker at halfback, (does not mean he can't run the ball as well), and a good running player at 6, (does not mean he can't be involved in organising plays).

Brisbane - Hunt = organiser, Milford = running player
Canterbury - Hodkinson = organiser, Reynolds = running player
Cronulla - Robson = organiser, Bird = running player
Canberra - Williams = organiser, Austin = running player
Nth Qld - Thurston = organiser but just as good at playing the running roll in the halves as shown by his years playing at 6, Morgan = running player, hence played a lot of fullback
Roosters - Pearce = organiser, Maloney = running player
Melbourne - Cronk = organiser, Green = running player.

Most good halves can play both roles but most good teams have the players roles within the team clearly set out.

strider

Post Whore
Sexually explicit? "Kiss me" is explicit? f**k we live in a pathetic world!

We'll worry more about and be less sympathetic to what Andrew Johns does and then get all upset when people have opinions about what it means that a radicalised teenager obtained a gun and then killed a police employee and what that means in less than a year since the Lindt cafe siege.

Too many do gooders. Funnily enough though the same do gooders defending the teenager are the ones who have a completely different view of the shootings that happen in the USA.

if a high profile drunk person asked to kiss me, I'd probably be flattered .... but maybe thats just me :lol:

whall15

Coach
Gee - I if has to be anyone I hope its Rory brien or Hasson.

It's Junior.

The Parramatta Eels have this week been informed prop Junior Paulo has been charged by police with common assault, recklessly damaging property and menacing driving.

The club notified the NRL Integrity Unit as soon as it was made aware of the issue, and is obtaining all the relevant information.

No further comment will be made at this stage.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2015/10/04/statement_regarding_.html

Parra47

Juniors
Here lies the problem - Falou and Matterson re-signed then offloaded 6 mths later. That makes you wonder how did there opinion change?

Poor talent scouting IMO. As I have mentioned before we just seem to flood our juniors with big islander boys.... From Lassalo to toutai too tanginoa terepo falou lavaka goodal Pauli.
Of course they look good in under 20s running over smaller guys. Watch the panthers show there skill.
Manly do not seem to have an Islander in there team. We need to get with the program.I reckon we have started recruiting and focusing lesson the power game in under 20's but a few years later then every other club as always.Behind the pack.

Why I have wraps on Twal. Confident he will be our captain in years too come. Like this kid.
Tim will tell thou. Id also much rather us sign Davis than guys like Faraimo. Davis looked ordinary last season when I watched him..But the year prior he had a touch of class. I want smart footballers with good hands. Pou you used to go on you can teach players that its power you cant teach. Honestly we need to find guys with both.

I made this same point months ago in my post about us targeting the wrong style of juniors and athletes over genuine football players. One poster on here, (as usual), took great offence and called it a dumb post etc as it went against his ideals.
Well looks like our coaching staff agree with my thoughts given out recruitment for 2016 and some of the players we have let go.
Nothing wrong with big hard running players, be they islander or what ever ethnic background, but you have to have smart, genuine, 'footballers' too.

Kornstar

Coach
if a high profile drunk person asked to kiss me, I'd probably be flattered .... but maybe thats just me :lol:

Would a male be upset if a drunk Jen Hawkins asked for a kiss and go whinging about it on FB? Hell no, they would be bragging about it!

I just don't get the obsession with trying to bring anyone with any celebrity down as often as we can in this society?

strider

Post Whore
forget jen hawkins, i'd probably be flattered even if it was andrew johns asking me for a kiss :lol:

I assume it was the comment after the kiss question that upset her .... but seriously, get over it and move on - as korny said there are shitloads more terrible things in the world worth getting stressed about

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would a male be upset if a drunk Jen Hawkins asked for a kiss and go whinging about it on FB? Hell no, they would be bragging about it!

I just don't get the obsession with trying to bring anyone with any celebrity down as often as we can in this society?

Because celebrities are f**king merkins that's why!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He must be under a lot of stress. Maybe contract negotiations aren't going as well as he would like? They will go a lot worse after this.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Good points... I sat here and typed that off the top of my head. French and Twal won't seriously be considered for NRL spots in 2016 unless we have injuries or unless they really shine if brought into Wenty (in my opinion).

ZDC was a part of our first grade squad this past season and was never really considered for first grade. French and Twal would learn a lot from spending a large part of their pre-season with the first grade squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts