What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cherry Evans is a good organising half who can also run. Foran is the same.
So you ignore all the other team combinations I listed and focus on pretty much. the only exception?
........ Yeah ok.

That's because Manly are one of the few teams to be able to keep two rep class halves together, and as we've seen, that combo was eventually broken up by the salary cap.

We are in a similarly rare position next year, with Norman coming into rep quality as a player. We will struggle to keep him IMO, and if he leaves then you will see Foran become the primary playmaker at our club, just like most other clubs.

Parra47

Juniors
That's because the best halves combinations have a single dominant half. Therefore he is the primary playmaker. But combinations without a dominant half share the role. An example is Manly since 2011, and probably us next year.

If he's the better playmaker (and I agree he is) why should he run less? He's a good playmaker because of his running game.

Where did I say he should run less? I in fact said good halves can play both roles.
What I also said is most successful teams have a dominant play maker. Foran being the better play maker out of him and Norman, I'd have him as our 7.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Where did I say he should run less? I in fact said good halves can play both roles.

What roles are they? The role where you get the ball whenever you want it and the role where you have to defer to the other half? Or the role where you run the ball versus the role where you just catch and pass?

What I also said is most successful teams have a dominant play maker. Foran being the better play maker out of him and Norman, I'd have him as our 7.

THAT'S BECAUSE MOST TEAMS HAVE ONLY ONE DOMINANT HALF!!! So of course he will get most of the ball.

Parra47

Juniors
What roles are they? The role where you get the ball whenever you want it and the role where you have to defer to the other half? Or the role where you run the ball versus the role where you just catch and pass?

THAT'S BECAUSE MOST TEAMS HAVE ONLY ONE DOMINANT HALF!!! So of course he will get most of the ball.

Read the posts poo. Your repeating basically what I already said. You appear to be arguing in a circle against nothing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No I'm arguing that we don't need a primary playmaker next year because we don't have a dominant half. We certainly don't need to stop either of our halves from running the ball.

Parra47

Juniors
No I'm arguing that we don't need a primary playmaker next year because we don't have a dominant half. We certainly don't need to stop either of our halves from running the ball.

Why would you think either has to stop running the ball? When Foran has played 7 for Manly he's been terrific.

Parra47

Juniors
You said that Norman would be the running 5/8 though, why can't Foran be the running 5/8 and Norman be the main play-maker?

Read previous posts. I said both halves can play both roles. However the sussesfull teams have a dominant play maker. Foran is a much better play maker in my opinion so should be our dominant play maker.

Avenger

Immortal
Read previous posts. I said both halves can play both roles. However the sussesfull teams have a dominant play maker. Foran is a much better play maker in my opinion so should be our dominant play maker.

Depends who plays on the left. Semi is on that side. We will mostly attack from that side.

Parra47

Juniors
What did he do differently than when he 'plays 6'?

Here's his list of games, including the jersey he wore and the position he was named in at kickoff: http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/MTQtLTQtLS0tLS0xMzkxMi0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0=

Not a lot, but he was their main go to man with Cherry Evans not playing and showed he is a very good organising half on top of his running game. Much better than Norman which is my original point that you agreed with.

Not really sure what you are trying to point out from your attachment?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not a lot, but he was their main go to man with Cherry Evans not playing and showed he is a very good organising half on top of his running game. Much better than Norman which is my original point that you agreed with.

No I agreed Foran is a better playmaker. I also stated that I thought this was the case due to his superior running game, making it easy for him to commit defenders.

If anyone is a better 'organiser', Norman is described as a great talker on the field, whereas Foran is described as quiet in general.

Parra47

Juniors
No I agreed Foran is a better playmaker. I also stated that I thought this was the case due to his superior running game, making it easy for him to commit defenders.

If anyone is a better 'organiser', Norman is described as a great talker on the field, whereas Foran is described as quiet in general.

Ok Poo your using a play on words, playmaker = organiser, (ie, organising the plays), in my books. If you see the two words as meaning different things thats fine.

As I've already said I see Foran as the better player in this role. My opinion.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Originally you said that Norman must be the "running 5/8" so that would mean that in your wording that Norman would run more than Foran. Why couldn't Norman and Foran play what's in front of them and then decide who to pass to or whether to run? Why didn't you just call them "halves"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts