What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra47

Juniors
Originally you said that Norman must be the "running 5/8" so that would mean that in your wording that Norman would run more than Foran. Why couldn't Norman and Foran play what's in front of them and then decide who to pass to or whether to run? Why didn't you just call them "halves"?

No I did not. I did not say Norman "must be the running 5/8". I said Norman would play more of a typical running five eight role, but can still be a play maker/organiser. What I said, and I've said this a number of times, is that in MY opinion Foran is the better playmaker/organiser, there fore should be our dominant play maker. Both players can run, both players can organise, however Foran would be the first choice go to man as our number one organiser. Surly its not that hard to understand. If your opinion is different and you think Norman is as good as or better than Foran as a playmaker/organiser, thats fine, thats your opinion.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Is Parra47 TrueEel?

I think most would agree that Norman talks more than Foran (organises?).
As Pou has repeatedly pointed out, Foran's playmaking is usually a result of his running game. He plays the ball deep in the line, and can pass very late, which is what makes him fairly unique, and very dangerous.

Last edited:

Parra47

Juniors
don't have an opinion merkin. those things just anger the hierarchy here.

I know mate, too many on here are happy for you to have an opinion as long as its their opinion. They struggle with the idea people have different opinions. But its all good, makes for entertainment.

Parra47

Juniors
I have an opinion and the hierarchy never give me a hard time.

Really? Your the most bagged poster on here for your opinions. And your the one who seems to feel the most threatened when others have a different opinion to yours instead of simply being able to accept people have different thoughts and ideas.

Parra47

Juniors
So you agree the hierarchy talk is all bullshit? Good.

There is no hierarchy. There are posters who are open to people having different thoughts to their own, and their are posters who scream abuse at anyone who has a different opinion to theirs. Thats just my opinion.

Parra47

Juniors
I've not come across Trueeel but he sounds like a good bloke if he agrees with me. I'm one of the few who does not have duel profiles on here.

lingard

Coach
Most successful clubs have an organising play maker at halfback, (does not mean he can't run the ball as well), and a good running player at 6, (does not mean he can't be involved in organising plays).

Brisbane - Hunt = organiser, Milford = running player
Canterbury - Hodkinson = organiser, Reynolds = running player
Cronulla - Robson = organiser, Bird = running player
Canberra - Williams = organiser, Austin = running player
Nth Qld - Thurston = organiser but just as good at playing the running roll in the halves as shown by his years playing at 6, Morgan = running player, hence played a lot of fullback
Roosters - Pearce = organiser, Maloney = running player
Melbourne - Cronk = organiser, Green = running player.

Most good halves can play both roles but most good teams have the players roles within the team clearly set out.

That's exactly the way I see it. It's exactly the way Pou sees it, too - but he has to be the centre of attention.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
No I did not. I did not say Norman "must be the running 5/8". I said Norman would play more of a typical running five eight role, but can still be a play maker/organiser. What I said, and I've said this a number of times, is that in MY opinion Foran is the better playmaker/organiser, there fore should be our dominant play maker. Both players can run, both players can organise, however Foran would be the first choice go to man as our number one organiser. Surly its not that hard to understand. If your opinion is different and you think Norman is as good as or better than Foran as a playmaker/organiser, thats fine, thats your opinion.

Well, really the call for what type of set we should play will come from the coach's box and then the trainer will run out and tell the halves what sort of set we should be looking at. From there Foran and Norman will organise their sides of the field, if they're playing split halves, or someone will take over if we're going with a first/second receiver set-up and from there you would think that the second receiver on the play will be the dominant half as they'll generally have more options in an attacking situation.

This idea of an "organising" half and a "running" 5/8 would be a fair bit primitive and probably work against what we have in the halves.

lingard

Coach
Would a male be upset if a drunk Jen Hawkins asked for a kiss and go whinging about it on FB? Hell no, they would be bragging about it!

I just don't get the obsession with trying to bring anyone with any celebrity down as often as we can in this society?

What makes you think that Andrew Johns is the male equivalent of Jennifer Hawkins? Also, I think you'll find that women see some things differently to us blokes.

lingard

Coach
Well, really the call for what type of set we should play will come from the coach's box and then the trainer will run out and tell the halves what sort of set we should be looking at. From there Foran and Norman will organise their sides of the field, if they're playing split halves, or someone will take over if we're going with a first/second receiver set-up and from there you would think that the second receiver on the play will be the dominant half as they'll generally have more options in an attacking situation.

This idea of an "organising" half and a "running" 5/8 would be a fair bit primitive and probably work against what we have in the halves.

This is what Brad Arthur said about Corey Norman earlier this year:

“The boys listen to Corey and get into the field position he wants, and he orchestrates the play from there.
“His preparation and his professionalism is a lot better this year, and he knows the game plans inside out.
“He has taken on more of a leadership role, he’s organising the team and steering them around."

Sounds like an organising half to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts