What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Ask Brad Arthur. None of us knows exactly how Foran and Norman will play next year in terms of who has what role. I simply gave a quote where it seems obvious that Arthur saw Corey Norman as an organiser this year.

And I was debating why Norman had to be the running 5/8 and Foran had to be the organising half. Was wondering why we couldn't just have halves who both run, pass and kick depending what they see in front of them.

And I was debating why Norman had to be the running 5/8 and Foran had to be the organising half. Was wondering why we couldn't just have halves who both run, pass and kick depending what they see in front of them.

For the life of me I can't imagine why Sandclown didn't share the organising duties this year.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Was hoping the centre was robert Jennings. The others looked average

It was from the Manly team, outside back

Ramien looked ok, had little to no opportunity, defended strongly at times. Could be a decent centre one day. I think he is only 18?
Demetriou is good in attack woeful in defence. No.
Bogle looked ok, sharp, might just make an ok winger
Thomas looked like a 25rh stringer. Just no.

Last edited:
I'm glad he is coming back. I'd say the Cowboys are chipping in with some of the freight.

That would just be some of the freight that we chipped in for them though?

Basically, we'll still have to eat a significant proportion of whatever salary we agreed when we re-signed him early in 2014 (or whenever it was). But I guess, if the Cows are throwing in significant $$ it helps.

Avenger

Immortal
That would just be some of the freight that we chipped in for them though?

Basically, we'll still have to eat a significant proportion of whatever salary we agreed when we re-signed him early in 2014 (or whenever it was). But I guess, if the Cows are throwing in significant $$ it helps.

The way I look at it Baz is that he will be a very decent backup with plenty of NRL experience. Better than Ualesi and Lasalo. He could also kick on and end up being a better player than Pauli. Definitely offers more than Seph Paulo.

The way I look at it Baz is that he will be a very decent backup with plenty of NRL experience. Better than Ualesi and Lasalo. He could also kick on and end up being a better player than Pauli. Definitely offers more than Seph Paulo.

Oh he's a better player that Ualesi and Lasalo and Paulo, and probably than Pauli at the moment. Just a matter of how much we are paying for this depth. Lasalo is gone, and Sepha has been told he can look around, so I guess that helps. As long as it isn't say, $180-200k for depth I got no problem.

hindy111

Post Whore
We seem to have plenty of depth in forwards so unless BA rates or we picked up cheap i can not see why we took him back.
He never did a lot at the cowboys.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
They don't do that anymore, as you know. But we still have halves and five-eights. What's your point?

A halfback was used to organise the forwards and then passed the ball to the 5/8 which started the backline movement where the inside centre would be the closest player to him. So going by historical definitions of these positions do we really have a halfback and five-eighth?

yy_cheng

Coach
A halfback was used to organise the forwards and then passed the ball to the 5/8 which started the backline movement where the inside centre would be the closest player to him. So going by historical definitions of these positions do we really have a halfback and five-eighth?

I definitely think the cows do.

Inside centre is now edge forward

I definitely think the cows do.

Inside centre is now edge forward

Sort of......

The old inside centre could also function as a 2nd pivot (i.e. why the Kiwis call the position 2nd 5/8th in rugby). Blokes like Ma'u certainly play some of the role of the old IC, but they don't often play a pivot role. Cronin was great at every part of the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts