What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
FMD - I bet you we aren't even talking to this kid and yet based on a nothing article we have made 11 posts (this one makes 12).

There are 2 separate statements in that quoted article.
1. That three clubs have reportedly tabled offers.
2. That Parramatta, Melbourne and Gold Coast are in the market for an outside back.

Clutching at straws to assume we are on of the 3 clubs but the click bait worked again.

Bigfella

Coach
It's a rumoured signings thread what's wrong with that?

And only one of the posts even vaguely contemplated he possibility of him coming: the rest were more like eels trivia.

It is the off season after all. Even worse, it's the part of the off season without any decent cricket.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
Plus any team which is currently looking at Ryan Morgan as a first grade starting option is entitled to be f**king desperate for news of any outside back signings.

emjaycee

Coach
It's a rumoured signings thread what's wrong with that?

And only one of the posts even vaguely contemplated he possibility of him coming: true rest were more like eels trivia.

It is the off season after all. Even worse, it's the part of the off season without any decent cricket.

I know - this period sucks.
Some mates and I have just planned a trip to Hobart for 4 days of the test in Dec.
Cannot wait.

hindy111

Post Whore
As it stands -

1Gordon
2Semi
3Taka
4Gutherson
5Morgan

That is our strongest backline. If moss or Bevan shine than gordon goes too the wing.

There is also the chance that Falou -Lavaka-Davis-Toutai come good and take a spot.And also a high chance we sign another wing option.

Not a bad backline IMO. Morgan is not as terrible as people make out. Has speed and defends well. Cant have a superstar in every spot and i would say his last contract would of been modest. He is hardly ever injured and does a solid job.
I am more then happy with Morgan as our back up option centre which by rnd 1 is more then likely what BA views him as.

hindy111

Post Whore
I will say Morgan won us a game this year with a tackle ( st George Game)

His defense is very solid in a team that had ordinary defense. He hasn't really been in a dominant team nor has he had a good ball player feeding him into half gaps.I am wondering what you expect a centre to do in the same situation.

He will be at his peak next year. I would say he is a solid 6/10.And performs at that level every week. A few little improvements and he will be a 7.

T.S Quint

Coach
Faraimo is probably a better option than Morgan on the wing.
He's done enough to earn his spot I think, unless we sign somebody else.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Faraimo is probably a better option than Morgan on the wing.
He's done enough to earn his spot I think, unless we sign somebody else.

Don't know about Gutherson's defence at centre. Morgan is alright defending in the centres. You can then push him out to the wing in attack and have Clint attacking in the centres. I'd say if he were to play a full year that Faraimo would be found out more often in defence than he is now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Morgan is better in every area then Faraimo bar carting ball up. Faraimo is a no for me. No skill

84 Baby

Referee
Morgan is better in every area then Faraimo bar carting ball up. Faraimo is a no for me. No skill

As opposed to Ryan "Anthony Milford" Morgan's vast skill base?
But realistically Morgan and Faraimo probably aren't in competition because for mine Morgan is an even more useless winger than centre. He should be our backup centre and Faraimo our backup winger. Given we are short one real starting outside back then it'll come down to whether Arthur sees Gutherson as winger or centre, as to whether Morgan or Faraimo will get a start

oldmancraigy

Coach
Barnes was a funny story. A scout had been sent to a Knights game to sign the player in Number 3 jersey who up until that week had been Jamie Ainscough and had been replaced by Barnes due to injury. Said scout signed the player in jersey number three like he had been told. Ainscough went to the Dragons.

To be fair, Nathan Barnes looked like a world beater for a few weeks. Fell off a major cliff after getting the cash...

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Even at carting the ball up Faraimo is inconsistent. Rucking the ball out for our right winger won't be as crucial next year as both Semi and Gordon are good at it, so as long as the right winger doesn't get rag-dolled and can position themselves well for returns then we should be alright.

Fanbase

Juniors
Hi all, been reading for a while and after a great GF have decided to join up. Love the Eels and find the conversations on here pretty interesting.

Gronk

Staff member
Hi all, been reading for a while and after a great GF have decided to join up. Love the Eels and find the conversations on here pretty interesting.

Welcome mate. Looking forward to a great year after the hardest off season ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts