What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am just glad all the bum kissing and homo erotic behaviour on here has stopped -Forget boring Pou . All the guys giving each other little pats on the back and little hen pecks - Enough to make me want too eat dirt.

Welcome new comer....When you have a star beside your name i will start reading your comments-Till than earn your stripes.
Now give me a dam rumour- Who we signing boy.

Fanbase

Juniors
I am just glad all the bum kissing and homo erotic behaviour on here has stopped -Forget boring Pou . All the guys giving each other little pats on the back and little hen pecks - Enough to make me want too eat dirt.

Welcome new comer....When you have a star beside your name i will start reading your comments-Till than earn your stripes.

Star beside my name? Yes for sure and certain, in the meantime feel free to not post on anything I have. Twerp. Two days and two down already lol.

Parra47

Juniors
Star beside my name? Yes for sure and certain, in the meantime feel free to not post on anything I have. Twerp. Two days and two down already lol.

Good for you groover, some on here live for it. Must have terribly sad dull lives. They feel threatened when someone new joins or those of us who only get on here every now and again post. Sad sad people :))

Fanbase

Juniors
Good for you groover, some on here live for it. Must have terribly sad dull lives. They feel threatened when someone new joins or those of us who only get on here every now and again post. Sad sad people :))

Or just rude obnoxious self ritious knobs lol

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

f**ken leave them alone merkin! Unlike you they have happy interesting lives.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The game was far less structured and rigid in yesteryear. Halves and five-eights often interchanged and swapped roles, and the backline scenario you describe above might only occur once or twice per game. It really doesn't matter, though. If people want to think that the 'split-halves' model is a brand new idea, that's fine. It just shows a bit of ignorance about the history of the game. I still have fond memories of Peter Sterling operating down the blind-side, while Brett Kenny weaved his magic on the other side of the field - just as I have fond memories of Ben Hunt (half-back) combining with Milford (five-eight) this year. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think one of the main reasons players play left or right is because of defence. With players stuck on a certain side it allows the defensive structure to be set a lot quicker as well as organise defensive combos between players.

If for example centres / edge forwards roamed, once the ball was turned over it is quite possible there would be minimal players on one side, not good.

I remember listening to an ex NRL coach talk about it.

Noise

Coach
Why the f**k has the "...and other crap..." been removed from the thread title? This is f**king bullshit

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think one of the main reasons players play left or right is because of defence. With players stuck on a certain side it allows the defensive structure to be set a lot quicker as well as organise defensive combos between players.

If for example centres / edge forwards roamed, once the ball was turned over it is quite possible there would be minimal players on one side, not good.

I remember listening to an ex NRL coach talk about it.

Don't be ignorant mate, lingard already told you that structures have stayed the same. Right after he told you the game is more structured and rigid these days.

So because centres (and halves and second rowers) sometimes found themselves on opposite sides of the ruck it means it was no different to modern structures where players are coached to remain on their respective sides. If you don't know that you're just ignorant.

Noise

Coach
I f**ken hate rugby union but they still use the terms inside/outside centre (i think). Do they still run around changing positions when the ball moves left and right?

hindy111

Post Whore

This was more of a test-Kind of similar too our teams recruiting methods. Your mentally tough-You gave it straight back I like this kid. Sign him up for 800k a year for 2yrs. You will play centre and maybe then fullback:D

hindy111

Post Whore

Some come on here a couple of times a day for maybe 10 mins and stir everyone up i reckon too :D

TBH i find this forum more interesting then watching the square box for endless hours checking out fat people losing weight or people cook there dinner with fancy crap we never would be bothered doing or making their house look like a display home.... Give me the eels forum over that any day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.