What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Look I wanted him out as well but if we are going to replace him with more crap players then Why release Finch NOW? That is what I was trying to get at? Why not tell him you can go at the end of the year???

well Jake, because he may choose not to go at the end of the year, do you think we can gamble with that sort of risk?

Gronk

Staff member
Look I wanted him out as well but if we are going to replace him with more crap players then Why release Finch NOW? That is what I was trying to get at? Why not tell him you can go at the end of the year???

Because he may not have agreed to go at the end of the year. He wanted out now so that he could get a gig before 30 June AND that a term in reggies didn't effect his contract value.

It was the right time for both the club and Finchy to move on.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Although I wanted Finch gone..... It begs the question then, Why the hell let Finch go early if your going to sign the same crap up???

Why could DA NOT see that Keating was going to be an OK halfback and move Finch to 5/8?? Especially when the supporters and blind freddy could see this.

So we have paid out Finch and we will waste more money and on someone just as worse!

350k compared to 50k

Holdsworth is a genuine 5/8 - as great a player as Mateo is, he's a lock forward.

Holdsworth would give that extra organising option, he's a pretty good kicker of the footy who can find the grass and not the fullback on the full all the time - and he doesn't shirk his work in defence.

As long as he gets told not to relax and just fit in it'd be a decent addition for the rest of the season in terms of having another playmaker.

The Colonel

Immortal
I've said it a few times, there aren't many players that I wouldn't knock back atm and those you mentioned are only some of them, however I can't see the harm in just picking him for the rest of the season to do a job for us, besides a change of clubs and culture is might do the trick to get him back to the form he was at 2 years ago..

It might be but behind the current forward pack...... I doubt it.

SDM

First Grade
Hahaha, as soon as I heard the rumour about Wing out, Crocker in for Souths, I knew it wouldn't take long......

born an eel

Bench
it's not just our kicking game in general play that needs looking into, I can't believe how little yardage we get with touch finders. We are lucky to get 20m where others pick up 30-40m every time.

Is it still in the rules to use a place kick to find touch?
With the way Inu does kick offs we should have used him to find touch.

oldmancraigy

Coach
it's not just our kicking game in general play that needs looking into, I can't believe how little yardage we get with touch finders. We are lucky to get 20m where others pick up 30-40m every time.

Is it still in the rules to use a place kick to find touch?
With the way Inu does kick offs we should have used him to find touch.

No way - with the way Inu does kick offs he'd kick it over the dead ball line on the full going for touch...

TheRam

Coach
if crocker signs with souths don't be surprised to see wing in the 6 or 7 for the Eels

No!!! What the hell for? Wing is already playing for Parra, but we call him Kris Keating. What we need is a natural ball player who has a 1st class long and short passing game. That is why we must throw everything we have at Terry Campese, if he is to move from Canberra, we need to make sure it is to us that he chooses to moves to.

lucablight

First Grade
Why go for Holdsworth if you can get Matthew Head for a similar price? Not to mention Head is actually good.

gustarny

Juniors
Heres one for you all after the game on friday i was told we are talking to matty bell from penrith he would be a good pickup in my opinion he reminds me of a young morrison.

lucablight

First Grade
Heres one for you all after the game on friday i was told we are talking to matty bell from penrith he would be a good pickup in my opinion he reminds me of a young morrison.

Matthew Bell is 27 years old and Morrison was 28 when he joined us. What do you mean?

Avenger

Immortal
If we are fair dinkum and think that KK can be our long term number 7 then we as a club should go all out for Campese and play him at 6 and push Mateo back to lock.

I understand that Campese is not off contact until 2011 but the sweetener for an early release could be letting Inu go to the Raiders in a swap deal. It's what I would do if Anderson believes Inu is a surplus to our needs.

I would also go all out for Creagh and Poore from the Dragons and/or Bailey from the Titans.

gustarny

Juniors
in my opinion Morrison was a late bloomer he was a solid player but i think his last two seasons in nrl were probably his best.I am also surprised that bell is 27 thought he was younger sorry .:roll:

gustarny

Juniors
i agree luca inu will come back strong soon we just need forwards who hurt in defence and make yards in attack alah moi moi.We need them 110 kg plus with some height as well.

Avenger

Immortal
No way would I even entertain the thought of letting Inu go at this stage. That's just crazy.

I would hate to see Inu go too I'm just putting it out there because clubs will not release early if they don't have an incentive to do so. Besides Campese is crazy if he stays in Canberra imho.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Matt Bell isn't a player that thrills me that much but he's probably a better option than some of the others we currently have atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts