What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
i don't hate him..I just think that we've gone down that road and we should look at changing directions, I'm confident both Morts and KK have the game to take us somewhere ver special in the next few years..

Tim struggled in an inferior competition and never found his feet, we really don't need him..

Mate I love Tim and in my heart want him to come back... BUT I totally agree with Stagger here. We have 2 halves who have alot of skills and they complement a backline with alot of speed. Timmy should come back and play for NZ where he will be away from media hype and play in a team with a good backline and a good pack.

natheel

Coach
as much as i loved timmy when he played with us.....he was nothing but trouble he caused major headaches for us with his off field behaviour and i think he would be better suited to a team out of the sydney 'fishbowl' ie NZ

Morts and Keating will be fine with robbo as a backup hooker/half in case of injury

anyword on where kingston will be next year? is he still going to be with us?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
he won't win us a premiership, won't even get close..but he would probably be a good cover for those who probably could win us a premiership...

Stagger, it will be very very hard to win a premiership without him.

Timmy does not need to come back until April/May 2010. He will need at least 10 months to build his body strength up, and he will with what PO & DA will provide him with.

If he sorts out the Bi-Polar Aspartame issue see: http://nospam06.com.au/node/95 and stays away from processed food and alcohol (WHICH IS A POISON), Timmy will be the one to break open any defence no matter how good and tough it maybe and defences will be even tougher to break open next year.

After the pounding defences will receive from the Eels forward pack next year, DA will have KK, DM, MK & Mitchell spilitting through like Zip Zip and PJ (mini pocket battle ships) but the really big plays will come from the master visionary Timmy Smith. The other players don't have this skill, there skills are in what they can beat just in front of them. In an instant Timmy can see across a whole field in front of him, one example of many being this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L6lP26szQE and DA & PO know this to be true.

I have just provided the key to Timmy's brain FULL recovery, please tell DA & PO about Aspartame (& processed food). I can help Timmy (inc DA & PO) more if needed.

Boooooo Casper
icon7.gif

The Colonel

Immortal
And when Tim decides he can't handle the pressure of the NRL agin and needs to head back home to the GC to sort himself out AGAIN, what then?

Stagger eel

Staff member
based on his form in the ESL and the fact that he'll need a reconstruction on his shoulder and the instability and uncertainty he brings to the club how could we offer this kid a contract before a bloke like Robson??...

it's beyond belief...but I guess there are smarter people than me making this decision so I'll guess i'll run with it if it happens..

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
And when Tim decides he can't handle the pressure of the NRL agin and needs to head back home to the GC to sort himself out AGAIN, what then?

Aspartame & Alcohol will cause havoc to the brain of any very-sensitive man or woman. Timmy is a sensitive and when he gets to learn about his true nature and what a wonderful gift he has he will never be plagued by the demons that drove him mad as they have done so thus far. Timmy can FEEL a game, he has brilliant intuition (gut feelings/instincts/perceptions) and with his head clear of distractions, and focused, he will mesmerize ALL defences that come up against him.

Please Don't underestimate Tim Smith. He needs the opportunity and a nurturing environment to learn who he really is, what he can really do and what stops him from achieving his full potential.

As already explained, I have provided keys to help Timmy unlock the nightmare that has beseeched him. Will he listen??? Will DA & PO listen??? That's up to them now.

Boooooo Casper;-)

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
And you are certain it won't happen again, How?

It is 2009...... not 2005.

Colonel it's pretty obvious you aren't a fan but I think it's very unfair to be judging someone on something they haven't even done.

I mean if we're talking hypotheticals how do you know Tahu won't suddenly want to go back to union next year because he has done it in the past? Unless you or I are psychic I don't see why it should be brought up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Colonel it's pretty obvious you aren't a fan but I think it's very unfair to be judging someone on something they haven't even done.

I mean if we're talking hypotheticals how do you know Tahu won't suddenly want to go back to union next year because he has done it in the past? Unless you or I are psychic I don't see why it should be brought up.

and if we're so hyped about bringing someone to the club who performed so well in 2005, why didn't we drag Johnny Morris and Paul Stringer back???..atleast johnny Morris played first grade at the Tigers this year and not reserve grade for Wigan...

benoir91

Juniors
apparently there is still one more signing to come from the 2007 forward pack,
can anyone shed any light on who this might be

lucablight

First Grade
and if we're so hyped about bringing someone to the club who performed so well in 2005, why didn't we drag Johnny Morris and Paul Stringer back???..atleast johnny Morris played first grade at the Tigers this year and not reserve grade for Wigan...

What about 2007?

ianlovesparra

Juniors
what about 2007???...tbh I'm actually more interested in his achievements in 09 and how he'll recover with a dodgy shoulder in the toughest comp in the world, if infact he makes our fg side..
He'll be fine, i remember he dislocated his shoulder against the storm one match, went off put it back in and game straight back on. He is a tough bugger.

caylo

Bench
2007 forward pack? The players who it could logically be (I'm unsure about contract status' of most players): Cannings, Robenson, Fa'aoso or Taia.

Other players like Wagon or Ian Hindmarsh that have retired are not considered, and players let go this year like Paulo and Cordoba were obviously not considered.

Now as far as I am aware Cannings just signned a new contract recently (another 2 year I think), Robenson might be looking to come home? Taia could also be looking to move back into the city and I highly doubt it is Fa'aoso.

Robenson would be a player that would sign on for 60K if he came back, so that would be my tip... Taia is still young and could get alot more than that if he was off contract (again im not aware of his current contract status).

ianlovesparra

Juniors
2007 forward pack? The players who it could logically be (I'm unsure about contract status' of most players): Cannings, Robenson, Fa'aoso or Taia.

Other players like Wagon or Ian Hindmarsh that have retired are not considered, and players let go this year like Paulo and Cordoba were obviously not considered.

Now as far as I am aware Cannings just signned a new contract recently (another 2 year I think), Robenson might be looking to come home? Taia could also be looking to move back into the city and I highly doubt it is Fa'aoso.

Robenson would be a player that would sign on for 60K if he came back, so that would be my tip... Taia is still young and could get alot more than that if he was off contract (again im not aware of his current contract status).
Don't think robo would come back for 60k mate. He is worth much more than that.

The Colonel

Immortal

Clearly you are wrong. I am a Tim Smith fan. Have been from the first day I saw him play. I argued for the kid more than a lot of other people did after countless off field issues. If you doubt me I am sure that there are plenty here that can back me up.

What I am not a fan of is signing a player who left because of his inability to handle the pressures of the NRL. If he is to return to the NRL on a regular basis, and that is a big if, he needs to prove himself physically and mentally in the lower grades.

I'd also rather not see us lose two players who at this point in time have shown both mentally and physically that they can handle themselves on the field and the pessures that come with playing t a first grade level.

Paul Osborne said something posted on the forum earlier today that IMO is very poignant.

Osborne said he had a definite philosophy about player retention.
``I'd rather keep the second-best player who's a good influence rather than the best player who's an imbecile.''
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/new...giant-aims-for-glory/1573842.aspx?storypage=2

Now, I don't think Tim is an imbecile. Far from it. However there is nothing to suggest that Tim has dealt with his demons and is ready for a return to the fishbowl of the NRL. I may well be wrong. But more than anything I would hate to be right.

I'm not sure that bringing him back to the club is the best thing for Parramatta nor for Tim Smith and that is more for personal reasons than winning premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts