What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Vossy said on the footy show, very likely that jason cayless will sign with the tigers. Not sure if vossy is one to listen to though.

Gronk

Staff member
  • SOUTH Sydney are poised to announce the signing of English international Sam Burgess as they continue to assemble one of the NRL's most formidable forward packs.
In a major coup for co-owner Russell Crowe, The Sunday Telegraph understands he has convinced the 114kg prop to play in the NRL for the next three seasons. Burgess, 19, is the front-rower who famously decked Parramatta's Kiwi Test prop Fuifui Moimoi during the 2007 Tri-Nations.
South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson refused to confirm Burgess had agreed to terms for next season. The Sunday Telegraph understands the Rabbitohs will have to pay his current club, Bradford, a transfer fee.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/afl/story/0,27046,26128532-5003409,00.html

forward pass

Coach
I hope he proves me wrong - but does anyone else think we made a blunder by signing Shackleton ?

Had we not signed him, we could have kept Kinga and Lowrie - which would represent better value for money that Shack.

At the time, it was considered a good signing but now I am not so sure. Todd and King were not exactly setting the world on fire at the time.

caylo

Bench
I hope he proves me wrong - but does anyone else think we made a blunder by signing Shackleton ?

Had we not signed him, we could have kept Kinga and Lowrie - which would represent better value for money that Shack.

At the time, it was considered a good signing but now I am not so sure. Todd and King were not exactly setting the world on fire at the time.

Shak for 170K is a good buy, similar money to what Lowrie is on now. If we loss Kinga and Lowrie the positives are that we will have a very experianced squad with 3 very good props and one of the best jnr props in the game. Any player that comes into the pack from jnr teams will play on the back of very good go forward making their job alot easier.

I thinks its time for players like Robenson, Allgood, Johnson and Mitchell to play and train with firstgrade (not every week but get a taste of NRL now). Allgood could become a very good backrower (i dont think he'll make it as a prop thou) IMO and Mitchell is an exciting player who can step up IMO.

84 Baby

Referee

Hindsight is a fickle b*tch

Bigfella

Coach
TBH Tahu would not be the priority signing today he was when we announced his return.

But, agree Hindsight is a bitch and we will grow from those players arriving.

We've all seen what happens to a club when no new blood whatsoever comes in - there is a bit of stagnation.

oldmancraigy

Coach

I'm not sure we'd get ToDD and Kinga for 170k combined?

We can offer them both flat $50k each - but to be honest I think Shackleton is a FAR better forward than Lowrie.
Just think of what Anderson can coach into a player like Shackleton (who rarely drops the ball) - if he can work such wonders with the droppsy brothers (Lowrie and Smith)

Status
Not open for further replies.