What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Smith

Juniors
Vossy said on the footy show, very likely that jason cayless will sign with the tigers. Not sure if vossy is one to listen to though.

confirmed by Nathan Cayless on Tuesday on the Greame Hughes sport talk arvo show, that Jayson had talks on Monday with Wests

Avenger

Immortal
Ok guys here is the first rumour for 2010. My mate is very close to the Bulldogs club. Spoke to their coaching staff for over 2 hours the other night.

Thurston hates it at North Queensland. He will not stay. He wants to come back to the Dogs but his asking price is too high. The Dogs only want to pay a maximum of $400K. His manager also sent expressions of interest to other clubs that Thurston nominated himself. One of those clubs was Parramatta. Osborne said he was interested. This was a while ago. Osborne has stated previously that Mortimer is his priority. I dare say that this is still the preferred option.

However let me say this. If Mortimer ends up going to the Dogs do not be surprised if we go all out for Thurston for season 2011.

I personally prefer Mortimer.

lewiscook

Juniors
Ok guys here is the first rumour for 2010. My mate is very close to the Bulldogs club. Spoke to their coaching staff for over 2 hours the other night.

Thurston hates it at North Queensland. He will not stay. He wants to come back to the Dogs but his asking price is too high. The Dogs only want to pay a maximum of $400K. His manager also sent expressions of interest to other clubs that Thurston nominated himself. One of those clubs was Parramatta. Osborne said he was interested. This was a while ago. Osborne has stated previously that Mortimer is his priority. I dare say that this is still the preferred option.

However let me say this. If Mortimer ends up going to the Dogs do not be surprised if we go all out for Thurston for season 2011.

I personally prefer Mortimer.

Very, very interesting.
My Dad's work mate who is a mad Bulldogs fan reckons that North Queensland wont be to dissapointed with Thurstons loss if it eventuates becuase of that baggage he has in the so called "party lifestyle".

lewiscook

Juniors
Eric Grothe is staying for 2010. He stated it today at the Parade.

How is our backline going to look then?

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt/ Joel Reddy
3. Timana Tahu
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimor
7. Kris Keating

I'd like to see Reddy play in the back row or come of the bench? He's a big man, capable defender, great ball runner? we could have him playing a kind of Dave Taylor way by having him on the fringe and getting the ball to the outside backs?

thoughts...?
or have Burt come off the bench as a second hooker???

yy_cheng

Coach
How is our backline going to look then?

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt/ Joel Reddy
3. Timana Tahu
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimor
7. Kris Keating

I'd like to see Reddy play in the back row or come of the bench? He's a big man, capable defender, great ball runner? we could have him playing a kind of Dave Taylor way by having him on the fringe and getting the ball to the outside backs?

thoughts...?
or have Burt come off the bench as a second hooker???

Reddy also has troubles coming out of our half so I don't think the Dave Taylor way would work.

Reddy stabilizes the right hand side. Cover defending and defusing bombs.

We have 4 fullbacks in the backline.

Right - Reddy
Left - INU and Burt

and of course Hayne himself.

So all adept at putting out bombs and cleaning up.

I think defensively, INU and Grothe together would be problematic.

Someone will have to miss out next year. Don't know who but someone will.

lewiscook

Juniors
Reddy also has troubles coming out of our half so I don't think the Dave Taylor way would work.

Right - Reddy
Left - INU and Burt

True, alot of people think Inu should miss out.
But inu oozes talent and we saw it at the back end of this year.

Burt off the bench?

84 Baby

Referee

Right - Reddy
Left - INU and Burt

I think Ando will feel sentimentality towards Burt & Grothe as its unlikely either will continue past next season so Inu may be the unlucky one (fairly or unfairly) at least in the beginning

yy_cheng

Coach
I think Ando will feel sentimentality towards Burt & Grothe as its unlikely either will continue past next season so Inu may be the unlucky one (fairly or unfairly) at least in the beginning

However, from reading the press, Tahu likes INU and may want him outside him.

I just hope Reddy doesn't miss out as I think he has done extremely well.

On form, INU to miss out. But like I said, Tahu might have a say.

distortedchaos

Juniors
If you look back to the combination that Tahu and Inu had, DA would be stupid not to use it.

If Eric stays, Burt will be on the bench, I can't see anything else happening.

natheel

Coach
If you look back to the combination that Tahu and Inu had, DA would be stupid not to use it.

If Eric stays, Burt will be on the bench, I can't see anything else happening.

thats true but the way burt played this year and how he combined well with haynesy imagine throwing tahu into that mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.