What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have we re-signed Kris Keating? And does anybody know how many years Matt has left?

Somebody mentioned today that Mortimer would make a good hooker and I agree. Things is, I thought Matt Keating was excellent last year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
a couple of things PE..

KK is not signed but I last heard that his signature is very close, if not done.

MK's up at the end of 11.

Morts, played a bit of hooker in the juniors and also came on in some matches replacing Anthony Mitchell, I think he knows the role quite well.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
a couple of things PE..

KK is not signed but I last heard that his signature is very close, if not done.

MK's up at the end of 11.

Morts, played a bit of hooker in the juniors and also came on in some matches replacing Anthony Mitchell, I think he knows the role quite well.

If his head is in the right place and will do what's best for the team as a team player, Kris Keating will excel as hooker. Both Kris and the team will soar to great heights carried by the wind under their wings of team spirit.

If I was DA I will be mentoring Kris into the hooker roll, sitting down with him watching great hookers of the past and present on video and taking notes and then going out to practice what will bring the best out of Kris at hooker, even bringing in a few retired hookers (not Kings X) to work on drills with Kris.

Kris shows all the natural attributes of a modern hooker (not Kings X).

Daniel Mortimer needs to stay focused on the 7 roll. Bring in Sterling, Taylor, Johns & his uncle etc and keep mentoring him. Daniel will be a great 7 and the Eels organiser in a few years. He is one of the best juniors to come through into the Eels top grade for a very long-time. He has heart and an awesome attitude, does not moan and groan, whinge and complain and he willingly does all the hard yakka, he literally throws himself into the hard work. A diamond is made by such pressure and friction.

caylo

Bench
If his head is in the right place and will do what's best for the team as a team player, Kris Keating will excel as hooker. Both Kris and the team will soar to great heights carried by the wind under their wings of team spirit.

If I was DA I will be mentoring Kris into the hooker roll, sitting down with him watching great hookers of the past and present on video and taking notes and then going out to practice what will bring the best out of Kris at hooker, even bringing in a few retired hookers (not Kings X) to work on drills with Kris.

Kris shows all the natural attributes of a modern hooker (not Kings X).

Daniel Mortimer needs to stay focused on the 7 roll. Bring in Sterling, Taylor, Johns & his uncle etc and keep mentoring him. Daniel will be a great 7 and the Eels organiser in a few years. He is one of the best juniors to come through into the Eels top grade for a very long-time. He has heart and an awesome attitude, does not moan and groan, whinge and complain and he willingly does all the hard yakka, he literally throws himself into the hard work. A diamond is made by such pressure and friction.

I disagree, I think KK is more of a organiser then Mortimer. If mortimer doesnt show something soon then I would have to promote Humble. ATM i would have Mitch or Humble in the 14 over MK.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No big loss IMO. Never understood the hype around the kid tbh.

I've heard they're comparing him to Lance "Buddy" Franklin...That's a HUGE wrap...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt it, he's too small, Budddy is about 6'6"

I dont even think he would make a key position player.

Gronk

Staff member
Good on him. It's was no brainer really. $1m per year for 3 years ? LOL He'll be 24 when he finishes this and then tackle another code or return to NRL. Hey he may even stay on and resign another lucrative deal with AFL. Win, win for the Folau family IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
It's a 4 year deal and much of it is performance based.

Source: ABC news.

Gronk

Staff member
If the AFL is that stupid to pay someone who has never played their sport that amount of money, there is a new competitor for 'Dumbest Sporting Competition in the World' award.

It would be 60% marketing 40% footy. The fact that people are talking about GWS today has partly justified the cost already. I heard a marketing guru say that GC have already got sufficient air time from cutie to pay for his contract. Anything hereinafter is a bonus.

I don't watch the game but have respect for both players and hope they do really well. In fact I hope they cane it so that the AFL pansies get a reality check about the athleticism of NRL players.

It would be 60% marketing 40% footy. The fact that people are talking about GWS today has partly justified the cost already. I heard a marketing guru say that GC have already got sufficient air time from cutie to pay for his contract. Anything hereinafter is a bonus.

I don't watch the game but have respect for both players and hope they do really well. In fact I hope they cane it so that the AFL pansies get a reality check about the athleticism of NRL players.

I call absolute bullsh*t on that. And have no doubt this 'marketing guru' was hired by the AFL to spew such utter nonsense. There may be 'airtime' in relation to these defections but that in now way relates to dollars for the AFL, unless there has been a surge of sponsorship and membership for these two teams because if it didn't then this has just been as large a boon for the NRL.

parra pete

Referee
Don't under estimate the power and influence of Kevin Sheedy.
The AFL could not have picked a better man for the Wasps...

Status
Not open for further replies.