What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty20

First Grade
No but a certain player told a coach he was a dh but it is all sorted now and he does have a genuine injury.

I can easily imagine which player would do that but that is certainly good news (though injuries are never good, really).

Eelementary

Post Whore
All of you have been led up the garden path by staggs.There will be no new player arriving before june 30.I had a chat to a number of people at the storm game who said those rumours are nothing but RUMOURS .I can tell you that we are going really hard for Cronk and a backrower but i dont think it will be Blair as he wants 400 k.:roll::lol: For 2011.

It's a rumours thread, and staggs is no liar.

Delboy

First Grade
Gustarney, I got caught in your part of the world last night, worked in Newcastle all day and got soaked. Didn't arrive home until 6.30 and it was still raining at my place so thought my season tickets meant I was there in spirit.

The info Stagger put out was correct as it came from a very good source, I heard the same and it may have just been impossible to get done, It had real legs at the beginning of last week, but I believe they couldn't get the pieces to fall into place, but the club did try.

Delboy

First Grade
Probably said that when he found out who would be playing in his place, easy to understand but pretty immature

Avenger

Immortal
I we go after Cronk and get him it will be the most significant and best signing that our club has made since we signed Ray Price from Union. If it were up to me I would go all out for him and give him $500K and not sign anyone else.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I we go after Cronk and get him it will be the most significant and best signing that our club has made since we signed Ray Price from Union.

I reckon Dean Pay turned our club around when we signed him back in the mid 90s. He never won a Premiership with us but I'm convinced he built an attitude of understated toughness which is being passed down through Cayless and Hindmarsh to our younger forwards.

If we'd had a decent halfback we would've won a Premierhsip while Dean Pay was here. Which brings me to this:

If it were up to me I would go all out for him and give him $500K and not sign anyone else.

So would I. Even though he's only half the player Hayne is, his skills are the critical element missing from our team.

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon Dean Pay turned our club around when we signed him back in the mid 90s. He never won a Premiership with us but I'm convinced he built an attitude of understated toughness which is being passed down through Cayless and Hindmarsh to our younger forwards.

If we'd had a decent halfback we would've won a Premierhsip while Dean Pay was here. Which brings me to this:

So would I. Even though he's only half the player Hayne is, his skills are the critical element missing from our team.

There is a reason why Dean Pay is considered a Parramatta Legend. However Ray Price is King and always will be.

strider

Post Whore
yeah - smith and slater are their most important players ..... if i was them, i'd let inglis go first and foremost .... while he's a devastating ball runner, he plays a less important role .... but at the end of the day maybe it won't be up to the storm to chose who leaves, it'll depend on what players get offered and their willingness to leave

Avenger

Immortal
Are all Storm contracts null and void as a result of the scandal ? IE Are all players free to negotiate or do they have binding contracts. Seeing that the NRL register the contracts I would say they are null and void or aren't they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.