What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondoro

Juniors
PHP:
A sweet talking Jarryd Hayne was a key factor in NSW prop Justin Poore's decision to join Parramatta from NRL rivals St George Illawarra, the Eels fullback has revealed.
Parramatta pulled off a huge coup on Wednesday in securing the services of Poore and Sydney Roosters forward Shane Shackleton for the start of the 2010 season after the pair put pen to paper on three-year deals.
Hayne, who played alongside Poore in the NSW side against Queensland last week, said he persuaded Poore to join after the 24-year-old discussed a possible switch to the Eels with him.
"Poorey spoke to me about it in Origin camp and said he was thinking of signing for us," Hayne told AAP.
"He hit me up straight away, he was racking my brains about it and I said it was a good club, you get well looked after and everything is in the one spot.
"He was a bit worried about travelling over from Cronulla every day but I assured him there were some of the other guys here who live that way as well so he would be in good company.
"It's awesome and good for our forward pack that they have joined.
"I met Shack in the City-Country game and he seems like a good bloke who will be a great signing for us."
Eels forward Nathan Hindmarsh shared Hayne's excitement in securing the services of Shackleton and Poore.
"We are all smiling because we have signed Shane and Justin ... and we are all very happy with that," Hindmarsh told AAP.
"I knew we were chasing Poorey and I didn't know too much about Shane, but it is very exciting and they are going to add a lot to the club."
Eels coach Daniel Anderson said the news was a huge lift to everyone at the club and said he was looking forward to working with both players.
"It is a tremendous filip ... it's a boost for us that we have signed two players who have broken through for representative football this year and (it) gives us a bit of variety and shape to our pack of forwards," Anderson said.
Poore agreed a three-year deal worth $350,000 a season, making him one of the highest paid forwards in the game, and Anderson said he felt it would be money well spent.
"I am not sure of the numbers ... but he is a State of Origin player and one of the best emerging players in the NRL," he said.
"For us to secure his services is a huge boost for our club and probably a shot in the arm for Parramatta fans."
Anderson admitted the arrival of Shackleton and Poore would see some players leave the club at the end of the season, with Jeremy Latimore, Todd Lowrie and Junior Paulo all off-contract and likely to be playing elsewhere.
Exciting young half Albert Kelly, who is the cousin of Queensland superstar Greg Inglis, is also yet to sign a new deal with the club and Anderson admitted he was unsure where the 18-year-old, who is yet to play first grade, will be playing next season.
"There are players that are off-contract that won't be here next season, that is the way at every club each year," he said.
"Albert has got an offer in front of him which we think shows we value him, but at the end of the day it is not our decision to make, it is his.
                         © 2009     AAP
PHP:
http://news.leaguehq.com.au/breaking-news-sport/eels-sign-poore-shackleton-to-nrl-deals-20090610-c2kz.html

I hope that we don't lose Jeremy Latimore as he has been very impressive in both of his first grade appearances & I think that he will develop into a top player learning off players like Hindmarsh & Poore.

lucablight

First Grade
If we lose Cayless after signing Poore it'll be one step forward and another step backwards. I want to see Cayless and Poore starting with Fui coming off the bench.

Stagger eel

Staff member
i dont think he'll let Latimore go.... good stong player and cheap!!!

we may not have much choice there...he's been knocking on the door for firstgrade for a few years now and now that he's got a taste of it, he'll go to a club that will give him that opportunity, goodluck to him, he's worked hard for this.

slippery_sucker

Juniors
If we lose Cayless after signing Poore it'll be one step forward and another step backwards. I want to see Cayless and Poore starting with Fui coming off the bench.

Cayless won't leave this year... Finch's salary almost covers Poore, Lowrie's contract almost covers Shackleton...
After the 40k extra for Poore and Shackleton... Whos coming in for Cordoba and Paulo??? ;-)

Cordoba on $180k??? Really??? Hagan?!?!?
Whats Paulo on???

Forwards are looking good for next year now, so what do we need??? a back, a half, 5/8 or more forwards??

I really hope we keep Latimore... He's been really strong in his first few FG games!!! should stay for 50k-60k!!!

Things are looking up :)

PARRA!!! PARRA!!! PARRA!!!

slippery_sucker

Juniors
we may not have much choice there...he's been knocking on the door for firstgrade for a few years now and now that he's got a taste of it, he'll go to a club that will give him that opportunity, goodluck to him, he's worked hard for this.

oh ok... i hope not!!! im starting to like him

slippery_sucker

Juniors
If we are going to run with;

1 Hayne
6 K Keating
7 Mortimer
9 M Keating
13 Mateo

Staggers has said that Kinga more than like won't be here next year, maybe we should go for an old head to steady the ship when it gets a little to much for the younger lads... someone like Wing, Priddis, Monaghan??? i think i could be done!!!

natheel

Coach
Can someone please list all the player names we are after and might be at our club next year

Stagger eel

Staff member
If we are going to run with;

1 Hayne
6 K Keating
7 Mortimer
9 M Keating
13 Mateo

Staggers has said that Kinga more than like won't be here next year, maybe we should go for an old head to steady the ship when it gets a little to much for the younger lads... someone like Wing, Priddis, Monaghan??? i think i could be done!!!

I don't think I did say that tbh..

I thought we were talking about Lats..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yea we were talkn about Lats then... but awhile back im pretty sure it was you that said it about Kinga :oops::lol:

well he is on a one year deal and despite the few good games that he's played, I can't see him being a priority signing.

not yet anyway.

slippery_sucker

Juniors
Can someone please list all the player names we are after and might be at our club next year

I dont know who is on the list now... But DA did say today

"It's important for the club to be able to attract players of Shane's calibre. We also look forward to continuing negotiations with other players for season 2010." ;-)

Kornstar

Coach
Imo opinion KK has looked better at halfback in the NRL than Mortimer has in NYC.

Mortimer has alwayss looked more comfortable at 5/8th and certainly looked comfortable so far in NRL.

I would be happy next year with

6 Mortimer/Kelly
7 KK

The Colonel

Immortal
Gotta have a look at Filiga too, before all the monies gone... He's utility value would be great.... Fowards and Backs!!!

He doesn't need to be offered a full time contract to remain with the club and at this stage its way to early to be considering him for one.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He doesn't need to be offered a full time contract to remain with the club and at this stage its way to early to be considering him for one.

And even if he gets himself up to Wenty firsts, surely he's looking at a 50-60k deal at this stage anyhow!

Since he has only played 1 first grade game, we could load up as much incentive as we wanted to a 50k deal and it wouldn't count against the cap anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts