What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Brad Walter on 2KY this morning confirmed that we're linked to Willie Tonga.

Tonga would be an awesome signing.. We really need some fire-power out wide.

We need options on both sides of the field and that's something Tonga would give us. At least we won't always have to go to Hayne..

Stagger eel

Staff member

We need options on both sides of the field and that's something Tonga would give us. At least we won't always have to go to Hayne..

true, however I wouldn't get too excited as Tonga carries the Cooper Cronk issue and that is he's still lock and key with his own club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is he on the outer at the cows or off contract. Neil henry will be torn to bits if he releases tonga

he's definitely on the outer with Henry and your right abour your second statement too..

at the end of the day I can't see it happening.

Djay

Juniors
Doesn't seem likely, but if it happened would have to lethal centres on both sides of the field. Now just someone to give them the ball. IF Tonga happened which by the sounds of it may not.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep, if manage to nab Tonga with either Gowie or ox than that will do me, i'll be happy to close up shop...

boxhead

First Grade
Apparently Robert Lui could be off-contract soon depending on the results of an investigation.

That's interesting, it would also solve the Tim Moltzen problem for the Tigers....the thing about Lui though is that what we of him against the Dragons may be limited here because we don't have another dominant playmaker.....

thats actually very good news, I had the same concerns

I dont mind his contract being extended but I just hope its reflective of his current from and not his reputation

he needs to learn to play the team game and not his own game, running up out of the line and going for the big hits, and it wouldn't hurt to see him pass the ball now and then either

Same here, it is good news that we are just extending his contract on form.

Brad Walter on 2KY this morning confirmed that we're linked to Willie Tonga.

It's quite strange that it is happening.....don't you reckon?

he's definitely on the outer with Henry and your right abour your second statement too..

at the end of the day I can't see it happening.

Same here, I agree with your final post that it would be great if it happened, but can't really see it happening.....but if Henry decides to sack him, if Henry already wasn't a dead-man walking he will be now.

CrazyEel

Bench
yep, if manage to nab Tonga with either Gowie or ox than that will do me, i'll be happy to close up shop...
Likewise, that would give us a complete structure with strong depth. If those signings were to come off I would consider our recruitment and pruning this year to be excellent.

boxhead

First Grade
Originally Posted by boxhead
Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Casey Mcguire - Catalans Dragons (Super League) Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre - Update: Officially linked, but still Unlikely
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback
Braith Anasta - Roosters Lock/Five-Eighth - Update; very unlikely.
Matt Orford- Bradford Bulls Halfback - Update; a chance of happening.
Craig Gower - Halfback - Update; perhaps a chance of happening.

About to be re-signed;

Timana Tahu - Rumoured 2-3 year contract.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

Daniel Anderson is gone. Stephen Kearney is favourite to take his spot.
New potential signings to be announced along with the coach perhaps.....
Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

Thanks guys for all that, also remember that Stephen Kearney is looking elsewhere from Matt Orford, but this may only apply if he lands the job.

Originally posted by CrazyEel
Likewise, that would give us a complete structure with strong depth. If those signings were to come off I would consider our recruitment and pruning this year to be excellent.

I agree, our depth signings as it is-for both reserve grades and NYC-are brilliant, we've re-signed many good players, and we are still after a few good names that would be awesome signings; as it is now, I am already very happy with our signings, but if we did land Willie Tonga and this other person Kearney is looking at (or Orford/Gower), I would be amazed.

Last edited:

sooperdooper

First Grade

it will need to go to hayne, he will be the one providing the ball to Tonga

boxhead

First Grade
the thing is, someone else has to play the fullback support role ala Slater, McKinnon.

I would say Mortz at 6 not to ball play but to support like a fb

That's something I thought of.....if Hayne takes the pre-dominant playmaking role and you allow Mortimer to sniff around for opportunities, I think you see both Hayne and Morts 100% improved and playing to their strengths.....Mortimer, whilst not wearing the 1, could provide that general support play that we lacked this season....
It revolves on where we put Hayne next season I guess :? It's going to be a long wait for next season, let me tell you :(

caylo

Bench
That's something I thought of.....if Hayne takes the pre-dominant playmaking role and you allow Mortimer to sniff around for opportunities, I think you see both Hayne and Morts 100% improved and playing to their strengths.....Mortimer, whilst not wearing the 1, could provide that general support play that we lacked this season....
It revolves on where we put Hayne next season I guess :? It's going to be a long wait for next season, let me tell you :(

I actually think Humble is the better support player then Mortz, while Mortz is nippy I think humble also runs better lines. I also think he is a better ball player which will allow Hayne to play more of a traditional fullback role aswell, which is when his at his best IMO.

I actually think Humble is the better support player then Mortz, while Mortz is nippy I think humble also runs better lines. I also think he is a better ball player which will allow Hayne to play more of a traditional fullback role aswell, which is when his at his best IMO.

Humble is a full back we are trying to convert to a 6.

boxhead

First Grade
Would be good Gronk, certainly.
I haven't seen anything to confirm it yet :? Guess we have to wait and see.
I thought our outside-back depth was good enough already though?

Status
Not open for further replies.