What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parraren

Bench
The rumors that Poore is looking for another club just don't go away.....

You mean this

SHARKS TO HELP POORE?
Former NSW Origin prop Justin Poore is the latest player to be linked to Cronulla. Poore has not settled at Parramatta since joining the club last year and a move to Cronulla would move him closer to his home at Helensburgh. The Sharks are also talking to Gold Coast's Sam Tagataese, Newcastle pair Isaac De Gois and Mark Taufua, Wests Tigers trio Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Fifita and Liam Fulton and Dragons prop Jon Green. Meanwhile, Dragons back-rower Adam Cuthbertson is considering following Wayne Bennett to Newcastle next season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-to-sharks-20110609-1fv36.html#ixzz1OqP2BP00

Gronk

Staff member
I read somewhere that they have to find a home for Toupo before they can get Poore.

boxhead

First Grade
I say this without knowing any sources, and I'll put it simply; Poore is not going anywhere. When you deduce and analyse the situation logically, weighing up the variables and the possible outcomes, really, you'd have to be an idiot to think he's going anywhere.

Hopefully I'm not wrong.....he has repeatedly said he is happy here and I think a few people here who actually do have contacts have said as much.

boxhead

First Grade
I read somewhere that they have to find a home for Toupo before they can get Poore.

As stupid as it sounds, if we were actually looking to get rid of Poore, and a club was willing to pay his whole salary, then I would throw quite a bit of money at Tupou.

Then again......they are both on 400K. Would it be a fair trade if they get Poore and we get Tupou? I guess one can look at it from this perspective; the respective situations of each club would demand that the two players would likely be better suited to joining the rival club.

Considering how good Allgood and Shackleton are going in the prop position, and with some very good youngsters coming through, some would think that we don't need Poore as such.
The same could be said of the Sharks in regards to Tupou, they have an abundance of second-rowers.

Gronk

Staff member
From Josh Massoud's Twitter

Friday arvo mail 1: Fifita has told @Wests_Tigers team mates he'll be joining @Cronulla_Sharks next year #NRL

For a club that's broke, the Sharks are very active on the player market.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd daresay SK will look in-house for depth before going chasing. I'm not sure of the situation with the NYC squad and how many of them will have to make the step up next year and if any of those are of worth senior contracting but from SK's rumblings a few months ago, he'll want to identify the right juniors to retain

We still have a fair whack off players off contract for next year though. Lasalo, Mitchell, Humble, Reddy, Pele, Manase, Hicks, Maguire, Hicks, Walker (if he doesnt take his option) and with Fats and Robson already gone that opens up 11 spots for our top 25 next year. I'd expect Allgood, Loko, Morgan and (sadly) Rogers to be promoted into the top 25 but that still leaves a few spots open for depth signings.

Gronk

Staff member
Great stuff. Phil Sim said that he and Marmin played footy in primary school together. Cool.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have made a few signings-The only one that will deff play first grade next year is Sandow.Roberts is a good chance if mortimer doesnt do somthing special.I am not sure why but i still have a feeling he will come good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts