What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 Baby

Referee
That said, there are always outliers. There's a Chinese guy in the NBA for example, so I'm sure we'll eventually see an Asian player in the NRL.
The one that amazes me is how long it took for a subcontinenter to make it big time in Australian cricket. There have been masses of them living here for decades, you see them playing the Curry Cup every weekend, there's a good portion of them playing grade cricket, but besides imports like Imran Khan & Waqar Younis (good bloke BTW, had a laugh when he said his name and I asked 'like the cricketer?') I can only name Khawaja as an Indian/Pakistani/Sri Lankan/Bangladeshi to make it beyond grade level.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Interesting it has been almost a week since we signed Tonga and not one rumour or media article linking us to a player. Have we finished recruiting for the year ? according to Kearney in the weekend paper we haven't.

caylo

Bench
Interesting it has been almost a week since we signed Tonga and not one rumour or media article linking us to a player. Have we finished recruiting for the year ? according to Kearney in the weekend paper we haven't.

I think they are going to try and organize retaining players like Reddy, Mitch and MaGuire. If they don't keep them then they may look at who is available for similar value etc. Also while there is talk of a big signing I personally can't see it but it does depend on what they got players like Rogers and Tonga for.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think they are going to try and organize retaining players like Reddy, Mitch and MaGuire. If they don't keep them then they may look at who is available for similar value etc. Also while there is talk of a big signing I personally can't see it but it does depend on what they got players like Rogers and Tonga for.

I would be happy with Zeb Taia and another outside back, plus the resigning of the trio you mentioned. That would make a very good squad with some depth

Stagger eel

Staff member
i still believe that there'll be 2 players included in the top half payment bracket of the full time squad. 1 outside back 1 backrower...I have no idea who it might be.

caylo

Bench
i still believe that there'll be 2 players included in the top half payment bracket of the full time squad. 1 outside back 1 backrower...I have no idea who it might be.

that to me spells the end of Reddy IMO, otherwise pointless going for a back.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Do have idea what is happening with Mitchell ? he seemed to be out of favour, but being picked last night ahead of Mortimer makes me think he may be back in favour.

I don't expect Mitchell to be at the club either..

it wouldn't surprise me at all if morts and keats are our hookers next year

Gordy

Juniors
I don't expect Mitchell to be at the club either..

it wouldn't surprise me at all if morts and keats are our hookers next year

What about Casey. It said on the news that we would be unlikely to hold on to him. Is he just going to retire anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.