What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 Baby

Referee
Man Souths are sore losers aren't they. Rusty telling everyone how much the kid is supposedly getting and Richardson with his "Met his Alan Jones" comment. I used to have a soft spot for Souths but they are carrying on like 3 year olds about this
I don't think you should cast dispersions on our latest signing even if he does like his toast buttered on 3 sides. Pretty sure he had a kid recently though

Cocidius

Juniors
Sandow not on $550K...closer to $530K

He'll be as flash as a rat with a gold tooth.

Even if we payed 600k for him....this was a must signing...

Bulldogs payed overs for Hodkinson last year...only difference is, manly didnt enter a bidding war with them as they had cherry evans in the wings!

About time the eels get aggressive in its recruitement approach!

SDM

First Grade
I don't think you should cast dispersions on our latest signing even if he does like his toast buttered on 3 sides. Pretty sure he had a kid recently though

I saw that too:lol:

Who cares who he meets in public toilets.

Man Souths are sore losers aren't they. Rusty telling everyone how much the kid is supposedly getting and Richardson with his "Met his Alan Jones" comment. I used to have a soft spot for Souths but they are carrying on like 3 year olds about this

Please tell me it was Alan Bond,not Alan Jones!
:sarcasm::lol:

84 Baby

Referee
I saw that too:lol:

Who cares who he meets in public toilets.
I have friends who are downhill mountain climbers. They assure me Sandow doesn't appear to be the type of person still picking up twigs in the springtime

ianlovesparra

Juniors
It's $400k a year, rusty just trying to make parramatta look like idiots saying they paid $550k a year for him.

It's a 4 year deal worth 1.6mill

peddles

Juniors
Yes, news on 2GB this morning said Parramatta officials had "laughed off" the figures quoted by Russell Crowe, and it was a 4 year deal.

Whatever the case we needed a halfback and we appear to have got one. Chris - welcome to Parra.

Eels Dude

Coach
400k is still a lot. But we need a halfback and he's the best onn the market so i'm happy we've signed him.

MrT

Juniors
$400k will be chicken feed when the cap goes up due to TV deal.

We should still sign Luke Kelly I feel

Ratchy

Juniors
$400k will be chicken feed when the cap goes up due to TV deal.

We should still sign Luke Kelly I feel

Agree and play him at 6, that will then take the pressure off Sandow giving the Eels a 2 pronged attack.

Eelementary

Post Whore
400k is still a lot. But we need a halfback and he's the best onn the market so i'm happy we've signed him.

I see your point of view. But also, let us consider that, if Sandow continues to improve, and with Lockyer retiring and Thurston becoming more injury-prone these days as he gets older, the possibilities of Sandow playing for Queensland are getting better. Now, I know he has blokes like Prince, Cronk, etc. in front of him. My point is that, at 22, he has a tonne of improvement left in him, and if he reaches his potential, he could one day soon wear the Maroon jersey - making his price tag seem a bit more even.

Of course, it all depends on a huge number of factors. But in the mean time, welcome to the Eels, Mr' Sandow!

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I see your point of view. But also, let us consider that, if Sandow continues to improve, and with Lockyer retiring and Thurston becoming more injury-prone these days as he gets older, the possibilities of Sandow playing for Queensland are getting better. Now, I know he has blokes like Prince, Cronk, etc. in front of him. My point is that, at 22, he has a tonne of improvement left in him, and if he reaches his potential, he could one day soon wear the Maroon jersey - making his price tag seem a bit more even.

Of course, it all depends on a huge number of factors. But in the mean time, welcome to the Eels, Mr' Sandow!

If Thurston and Cronk were unavailable for selection for this years QLD side i wouldnt be surprised if Sandow was selected before Prince on top of Sandows good and Prince's bad form.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If Thurston and Cronk were unavailable for selection for this years QLD side i wouldnt be surprised if Sandow was selected before Prince on top of Sandows good and Prince's bad form.

Absolutely. And if Wayne Bennett sees Chris Sandow as a future rep player, that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts