What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=202307063143878

Eels media release: Esi Tonga signs for two years
by Rugby League Week on Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 4:44pm

ESI TONGA TO JOIN PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS IN 2012

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have won the race for boom centre Esi Tonga, with the Gold Coast flyer set to join the Club on a two-year deal from 2012.

The explosive 23-year-old centre has joined recent signings Chris Sandow and Ben Roberts in highlighting the Pirtek Eels’ newfound direction under head coach Steve Kearney.

“I was really impressed with the plan the Eels have moving forward and I feel I’ll be able to play my best footy there,” Tonga said today.

“I want to thank the Titans – I’ve been with them since I was a young bloke coming into first grade.

“I’m hoping to take my footy to the next level and I feel like I’ll have the best opportunity to do that at the Eels under Steve Kearney.”

Pirtek Eels coach Steve Kearney said:

“Esi is a dynamic outside back that can add a lot to our squad and we’re looking forward to having him with us next year.

“He’s only young and had a bit of trouble with injuries last year, but has already shown he is a real threat out wide.”

Pirtek Eels Chief Executive Officer Paul Osborne said:

“We’re very happy to have Esi on board from next year, he’s a great young prospect and it’s another step in the right direction for us.”

Eels Dude

Coach
How will they have the money for De Gois or Payne??? You'd think they'd be pushing the cap as is, they have spent well over a mill for 4 players. Have just re-signed Bailey and have Prince on there books who you would think would be on Big dollars. They are banking on Seizer and their under 20's hooker who looks handy to come good. As i said if they can fill those spots the Tits are laughing if not they may struggle. Not bagging their recruitment but those 4 guys doesn't mean an instant premiership.

I don't know. They still have 11 off contract players for next year which is a lot. And Michael Searle was also quoted in today's Herald saying they hadn't finished with their recruitment for next year and were hoping to announce some more signings shortly.

El Diablo

Post Whore
RL2011_LOCKYER_sml_normal.jpg

LeagueWeek Rugby League Week

Breaking NRL news: ISAAC DE GOIS close to returning to Cronulla...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't know. They still have 11 off contract players for next year which is a lot. And Michael Searle was also quoted in today's Herald saying they hadn't finished with their recruitment for next year and were hoping to announce some more signings shortly.
It will mean they are thin on depth, but an injury free season will mean they are a real shot at the title. Good luck to them it would be good for RL, that said if we can jag a few more quality signing i think we will have done well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think what helps Fui is the fact that for a 31 year old he hasn't played that much NRL football. Most players his age have racked up well over 200 games but Fui's only played 130. So his body is probably holding up a bit better than other 31 year old props out there.

Fair point.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It will mean they are thin on depth, but an injury free season will mean they are a real shot at the title.

Exactly. Recruitment/retention plans span the range from high-depth-few-stars (Dragons 2010) to big-stars-poor-depth (Tigers '05, Broncos '06).

As you can see, it's possible to win a premiership building a squad at either end of the spectrum, though Brian Smith favours a lot of depth and he's yet to win one.

Krakow

Juniors
so is this saying that she comes with his ARU contract ???

in relation to the recent signing for the club i guess the good thing is that there are some younger talent that should make it out on the park unlike our last recruitment drive..

personally see it as a step in the right direction

Give the girl some blue and gold pom poms and put her on the sideline in her swimmers.

Problem solved :crazy:

Forty20

First Grade
RUMOUR OF THE WEEK

Speculation that Israel Folau has agreed to a deal with Parramatta surfaced after a club function on Wednesday. AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said yesterday that Folau had phoned him on Wednesday to assure him that he was happy in the new code. However, the Eels are still keen to sign him.

Clicky

Gronk

Staff member
now that humble has the all clear.. do we expect him to play for parra?

or is he consigned to wenty

SK will need to decide if he wants to break up his half. Up until now he has stated that he wants to give them "every chance".

Promoting Humble would mean that (I assume) Robbo would drop out, unless the Golden Child takes Billy Rogers's spot on the bench.

boxhead

First Grade
Gee, that Izzy rumour made me sit up-right. Won't happen in my opinion, but in saying that it would be a massive coup if it did happen.

strider

Post Whore
Gee, that Izzy rumour made me sit up-right. Won't happen in my opinion, but in saying that it would be a massive coup if it did happen.

made what sit upright? :sarcasm: ... i know you love a good rumour boxy but some things should be kept private

forestfan

Juniors
Izzy wants the $$..how in the world without doing a storm..could we buy a player of his calibre

dont get me wrong itd make me get excited about 2012 if we did pull it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts