What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Can't we try to offload him?

To

y7WMYt2k7lqg1m3cOTddCZT5o1_500.jpg

yy_cheng

Coach
May have to get used to it.

hookers need to throw left and right and should be able to throw it long too.

I think I have only seen one long pass thrown by mortz ever.

He normally attacks on the left so not sure what his left to right passing is like.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Be interesting to see what becomes of the resurrection of one Daniel Mortimer.
He is a determined steely eyed fella, would not surprise me if he eventually develops into a very good player with all the passing & kicking skills.

Pazza

First Grade
From another post: Agree about Allgood, if he puts on another 5 kilos this will help.

The thing Allgood has is an amazing attitude, definitely something that can not be taught! Either you got it or you dont! But i do agree he needs sometime to grow and gain some physical strength, he has the frame to be a big boy! I'm happy playing Allgood off the bench behind Mannah, Fui and Shacks, but it will be interesting when Poore comes back into the side.

caylo

Bench
The thing Allgood has is an amazing attitude, definitely something that can not be taught! Either you got it or you dont! But i do agree he needs sometime to grow and gain some physical strength, he has the frame to be a big boy! I'm happy playing Allgood off the bench behind Mannah, Fui and Shacks, but it will be interesting when Poore comes back into the side.

I think that Allgood will flurish with Fui, Mannah and Poore up front and he will only be required to play about 20-30min a game.

Next years bench of OHanlan, Shakelton, Allgood and Fui will be pretty scary especially following a pack of Mannah, Poore, Hindy, Smith and Matuia. With Keating playing 80min and Smith/Matuia able to transition into the backline we don't need a utility.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok well with Hayne potential an option at 5/8..Reni an option and Ben roberts i cant see mortimer coming in unless sandow getst injured and he plays halfback or he becomes a 14...

Mortimer would do a good job at a team like hmmm.Maybe the cowboys or melbourne where he isnt asked to do a lot.Hey with Sandow coming perhaps it may suit him who knows

Pazza

First Grade
I think that Allgood will flurish with Fui, Mannah and Poore up front and he will only be required to play about 20-30min a game.

Next years bench of OHanlan, Shakelton, Allgood and Fui will be pretty scary especially following a pack of Mannah, Poore, Hindy, Smith and Matuia. With Keating playing 80min and Smith/Matuia able to transition into the backline we don't need a utility.

Lossalo and Horo in the backline?

I dont know about Shacks in the back row any more, he is such a big unit and not particularly mobile! I would say Poore and Allgood are much more mobile in defence than Shack.

I got a feeling in a full strength line up, Allgood plays NSW cup! But he is a long term prospect and the first to be called up in the case of injury, rep duty or suspension.

For mine:

8.Mannah
9.Keating
10.Moi Moi
11.Hindmarsh
12.Maitua
13.Smith

14.Roberts
15.Poore
16.Shackleton
17.Lossalo

* Horo playing centre

Eels Dude

Coach

I don't think we should be assuming Allgood will be hear next year. I heard from a very good source the Panthers are interested in him and are willing to pay double his minimum wage contract. But when you've got Mannah, Fui, Poore, Shacks, and Webb as backup that's still a bloody good backrow.

Why does eberyone presume that Shakelton has a guaranteed spot on the bench? For me he is our least effective forward. Not saying he's bad just doesn't offer as much I thought he would with penatrating runs and solid defence. So IMO he along with Lassalo would be be the first ones to make way when the forwards are fully fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts