What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazza

First Grade
I'm ok with Joseph Sidewinder Paulo staying. He has been good this year.

Me too, coaching staff have got him playing straighter and tougher. Plenty of skill in our back row this year which is great for a change.

Gronk

Staff member
lurker.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey Pou you've seemed to of mellowed out a lot.Whats wrong with you these days? Your nuts shrink?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hey Pou you've seemed to of mellowed out a lot.Whats wrong with you these days? Your nuts shrink?

I've always been mellow and had small balls mate. I guess I just got bored with pretending to be a mad merkin.

When I decide it's funny again you will be the first to know you f**ken idiot.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've always been mellow and had small balls mate. I guess I just got bored with pretending to be a mad merkin.

When I decide it's funny again you will be the first to know you f**ken idiot.

Maybe you should hang out at one eyed eel a little more.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-haynes-services/story-fnca0von-1226960555526
Bidding war for Jarryd Hayne’s services

The Australian
June 20, 2014 12:00AM

JARRYD Hayne is about to spark a furious bidding war. The man who threatens the Wallabies’ Israel Folau as the most valuable footballer in Australia has started contract negotiations with Parramatta but free agency is on the horizon.

Top-drawer NRL clubs and possibly the 15-man code will attempt to acquire his services if they believe he can be lured from the Eels at the end of next season.

For turnstile-spinning, TV ratings and club endorsements, Hayne is a money-making *machine for any franchise.

His Eels clubmate, the NSW State of Origin winger Will Hop*oate, is also off contract at the end of 2015. The Eels may struggle to retain both because of salary cap restraints. Part of the strategy of signing Hopoate before his two-year Mormon mission was to have him as insurance if Hayne headed elsewhere.

The Blues fullback will be the Eels’ priority. Cashed-up clubs such as Canterbury and Canberra are certain to pounce on any opportunity. Manly and the Sydney Roosters have fullbacks coming to the ends of their careers.

At some point in the next 12 months, Hayne is set to overtake Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston and Inglis as the highest-paid player in the NRL.

He set Origin I alight with relentless attack. He fought through illness during a more stoic performance in Origin II to earn the ultimate on-field accolade from NSW coach Laurie Daley.

“It’s a big rap but I think he’s the best of them. I think he’s the best player in the game,” Daley said.

“He was seriously crook (on Wednesday). We couldn’t afford to lose him and he toughed it out.

“His energy was off because he was so crook but he battled on. His carries were still strong, but I think you could tell he was really hurting. I’m telling you, he’s a great, great, player.”

Gastroenteritis caused by food poisoning put Hayne in doubt for Origin II until he crossed paths with a mate in the lobby of Homebush’s Pullman Hotel on the morning of NSW’s 6-4 win.

“I came down with a stomach bug,” Hayne said. “I was up spewing, diarrhoea and vomiting. Probably I haven’t gone into a game so worried. I had nothing in me. It was good when I saw a friend in the foyer. He looked me straight in the eye, he had no sympathy for me. He goes: ‘Everyone has been there ... Don’t make an excuse.’ When I heard that, it really changed my mindset, stopped me feeling sorry for myself. It was tough but no one was going to care about that on the footy field.”

He averted two disasters at ANZ Stadium. He knocked the ball out of Sam Thaiday’s hands to prevent a crucial Queensland try.

And he narrowly avoided running straight into the post-match fireworks display when he took the ball over the dead ball line, and all the way to the crowd, at full-time. The Maroons’ winning streak had gone up in smoke.

Hayne nearly did, too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JARRYD Hayne is about to spark a furious bidding war. The man who threatens the Wallabies’ Israel Folau as the most valuable footballer in Australia has started contract negotiations with Parramatta but free agency is on the horizon.

rubbish article, nothing like pure speculation to try and sell chip wrappers

oldmancraigy

Coach
It says Manly and the Roosters have fullbacks near the end of the careers - unless you're implying Inglis has signed for one of them??

Parra Pride

Referee
Manly and the Roosters do have fullbacks near the end of their careers, they also have Peta Hiku and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck respectively to fill those holes when the time comes.

Gronk

Staff member
Other than Hoppa, we don't really have any highly paid stars in our squad. So we're just as well placed as any club to meet the market and retain him.

As for RU making a play for him - yeah right. They have been busy cutting salaries in the last 24 months.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
One big plus in our favour is Arthur, the players seem to want to play for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts