What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should be release. Why? In the backrow we already have too many good forwards, in the centres we have Hoppa on one side and Tonga on the other. The only reason I think we would consider holding onto him would be to replace Tonga when he retires, but is that worth 300K? Also I don't think he's the type of player who will feed Semi with good ball to cause the damage he does, our best bet would be to look in the junior grades for a replacement for Tonga.

I think what the dogs want to do is get Josh Morris more involved with the ball. They want to shift him to fullback permanently and move Loko into the centres. For Loko it presents a real good opportunity especially working with Des Hasler.

We need to focus more on signing another good prop. Mannah is solid, Junior Paulo will go onto play for Australia but we need someone else who can cause real damage. I wonder how Tom Leroyd-Lahrs is playing in reserve grade....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an idea, why dont we wait till he can play again and see how he goes or if he can make a decent back rower out of him before we decide.

I've no doubt he could play as a wide attacking back rower but if he cant defend in the back row he'll be a failure so his only spot will be as a centre and tbh, I cant remember how his defence was.

Here's an idea, why dont we wait till he can play again and see how he goes or if he can make a decent back rower out of him before we decide.

I've no doubt he could play as a wide attacking back rower but if he cant defend in the back row he'll be a failure so his only spot will be as a centre and tbh, I cant remember how his defence was.

there's no space with hoppa, tonga and morgan...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tonga is off and Morgs is a state cup player atm, so I'd say its open slather for next season

may the best man win

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see him stay and so would the Semi, no doubt

no one knows where hs is off to, assuming he leaves but tis only rumours

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach

Look to me like his lateral movement was poor. I imagine it will be worse given the nature of his injuries....

TheRam

Coach
Can anyone here tell me if Jake Granville was the Brisbane hooker we were interested in before we signed Issac De Gois? Because man if he was, boy did we miss out on one hell of a good backup.

I've only seen him play these past two weeks, but how good is he? How the hell he hasn't been playing NRL is beyond me, if he plays like that consistently. He reminds me of Michael Ennis without the niggle.

I don't mind De Gois, but he is pedestrian by comparison.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can anyone here tell me if Jake Granville was the Brisbane hooker we were interested in before we signed Issac De Gois?

Yes he was.

Because man if he was, boy did we miss out on one hell of a good backup.
This is why clubs are reluctant to let go of good backups, especially if they've got them on the cheap.

I've only seen him play these past two weeks, but how good is he? How the hell he hasn't been playing NRL is beyond me, if he plays like that consistently. He reminds me of Michael Ennis without the niggle.

I don't mind De Gois, but he is pedestrian by comparison.
Did Granvile play 80 minutes last night? Because he didn't last week. That's very important in a modern hooker. No club wants to carry a spare on the bench just to cover 20 minutes a game.

It's also telling that the Broncos have lost two straight since they lost McCullough. They are fragile up the middle. But Granville is a good dummy half at least, even if he does lack in defence and fitness/work rate.

TheRam

Coach
Yes he was.

This is why clubs are reluctant to let go of good backups, especially if they've got them on the cheap.

Did Granvile play 80 minutes last night? Because he didn't last week. That's very important in a modern hooker. No club wants to carry a spare on the bench just to cover 20 minutes a game.

It's also telling that the Broncos have lost two straight since they lost McCullough. They are fragile up the middle. But Granville is a good dummy half at least, even if he does lack in defence and fitness/work rate.

Yes I think he did and yes he was replaced last week, but this week I think he lasted the whole game, but faded in the back of each half a little compared to his earlier work.

But in saying that it is only his second game this year and only his 4th, I believe, ever. His defense is very good considering and he goes looking for work, so I can only imagine with a regular gig in the NRL, he would become a gun little dummy half with time in the top grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There was an article recently that said he was off contract this year and likely to end up at a club where he had the opportunity to compete for an NRL spot. Obviously the Broncos have an established hooker so they will be looking to replace Granville with a player who accepts he is just a backup, whereas Granville will want to go somewhere without an established number 9.

jason taylor

Bench
There was an article recently that said he was off contract this year and likely to end up at a club where he had the opportunity to compete for an NRL spot. Obviously the Broncos have an established hooker so they will be looking to replace Granville with a player who accepts he is just a backup, whereas Granville will want to go somewhere without an established number 9.

I imagine he'll end up at the Cowboys or Canberra. Perhaps even the Sharks since they are one of the few teams who still play two hookers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts