What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Given the Raiders situation, you'd have to think that Carney is a massive chance of ending up back at the Raiders on more money than what he was on at the Sharks

Hell I'd be talking to him tonight if I was the Raiders and get him signed up tomorrow. Opportunities like this don't fall in your lap very often

If only we could swap Sandclown for him...

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Does anyone think this Carney thing is a "setup" to get out of the Sharks to sign elsewhere. It worked for Dugan.

lingard

Coach
Some practitioners of yoga drink their own urine. Mahatma Ghandi reportedly performed this practice (called Ameroli). Now, I'm not saying that Todd Carney was practising an advanced form of Yoga in the dunny at Northies - but maybe we should put it into some kind of perspective before we judge him too harshly. And, yes, I would bring Carney to Parramatta (he would have to be fairly cheap, now) and sack Sandow, in a heartbeat.

He may well have just been self-administering a drug test I guess.

Or maybe ASADA were there, in a noisy club, and said "Just go into the gents and piss in the bottle", and he thought they said "Just go into the gents and piss in your gob"?

Avenger

Immortal
Spoke to a family member of one of our coaching staff. We are talking to plenty of forwards for 2015. Some have a profile and are not up and comers or ex-cons. Even the relative wasn't told the names.

hindy111

Post Whore
Leave the guy alone-I mean no matter how thinly sliced there are always two sides of a story and it that's the way the cookie crumbles than that's the way the cookie crumbles.Each to there own let it be let it be.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Spoke to a family member of one of our coaching staff. We are talking to plenty of forwards for 2015. Some have a profile and are not up and comers or ex-cons. Even the relative wasn't told the names.

I noticed the other week that a bloke I went to school with is on the eels coaching staff. Jason Stewart, played a bit for us in the 90's. I didn't speak to him about player signings but.

Avenger

Immortal
I noticed the other week that a bloke I went to school with is on the eels coaching staff. Jason Stewart, played a bit for us in the 90's. I didn't speak to him about player signings but.

My mate is related to one of the assistant coaches.

bartman

Immortal
So this Carney photo... I've only seen the pixelated version, and it's not a selfie.

If someone else took the photo (on Carneys phone, or theirs and then forwarded it), Carney still made the choice to publish it. It's not the first time he's done something stupid, and is clearly somewhat intellectually challenged, and doesn't understand his responsibilities as an employee under a code of conduct.

If the club and the NRL are satisfied that sacking is warranted, then fair enough. I just hope the NRL back the club and don't allow another club to snap him up this season. Or during the period of his cancelled contract, without compensation to the club and a major behavioural plan put in place.

I wouldn't want this type of character signed for or providing an influence on our club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Are any of them off contract? It seems all the good ones were signed/re-signed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts