What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joely01

Bench
The club hasn't been happy with the way Loko has gone about rehab work with the latest set back he had this year.

It goes against the culture BA is bringing to the club.

Avenger

Immortal
The club hasn't been happy with the way Loko has gone about rehab work with the latest set back he had this year.

It goes against the culture BA is bringing to the club.

I heard something similar. He has turned into a bit of a knob.

Delboy

First Grade
One of the trainers suggests he will be lucky to play this year, another said he doubts he will play at a high level ever.

Interesting

Forty20

First Grade
Loko might be one who comes back to bite us (even with the injuries and significant flaws in his game) but if Brad Arthur and the support staff believe they had cause to release him than I fully back their decision.

Fathead

Bench
Loko might be one who comes back to bite us (even with the injuries and significant flaws in his game) but if Brad Arthur and the support staff believe they had cause to release him than I fully back their decision.

Absolutely.

Forty20

First Grade
I reckon keeping him was the bigger risk. He must be on some good coin.

At the time of his re-signing (May 2013) we didn't have a great deal of leverage in the player market and there were rumours about a massive offer from the Warriors. So chances are he was on pretty fair coin.

spiderdan

Bench
or he may end up being the next Danny Sullivan. ok maybe not as good but you get the gist, right?

I was very happy with he promise crazy jake showed early but he may just be one of those guys who produces too much power through his quads for his knees to handle (or one of those idiots with a huge imbalance between his anterior and posterior thigh muscles so his ACLs aren't supported as well as they should be because they spend too much time doing squats and leg extensions for the muscles they see in the mirror).

spiderdan

Bench
At the time of his re-signing (May 2013) we didn't have a great deal of leverage in the player market and there were rumours about a massive offer from the Warriors. So chances are he was on pretty fair coin.
if that's the case then probably best to let him go, especially given the club would probably want to keep hopoate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Keeping him on big coin is a bigger risk than letting him go and hoping eventually he can get over his injury problems. Tate managed to do it through sheer bloody minded ness and hard work. Not sure if Loko has that in him.

spiderdan

Bench
Keeping him on big coin is a bigger risk than letting him go and hoping eventually he can get over his injury problems. Tate managed to do it through sheer bloody minded ness and hard work. Not sure if Loko has that in him.
i think Brent Tate over dramatizes the whole retiring from his most recent injury thing a fair bit, as though others haven't overcome the same injuries before. I wouldn't be surprised if he started going on about how he thought he'd have to retire after cutting himself shaving.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
i think Brent Tate over dramatizes the whole retiring from his most recent injury thing a fair bit, as though others haven't overcome the same injuries before. I wouldn't be surprised if he started going on about how he thought he'd have to retire after cutting himself shaving.

Yeah I have done my ACL and had a reconstruction. While it wasn't fun the rehab wasn't that bad and I had to work full time without hardly any physo help ( no health insurance). Tate would get the best treatment and as much physo as required without the need to get up at 6.00 to do a full days work.

yy_cheng

Coach
according to Pou logic it is a or decision as at present you would have to say that hasler is a better judge of skill and recovery of a player better than ba and better than all of you merkins

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah I have done my ACL and had a reconstruction. While it wasn't fun the rehab wasn't that bad and I had to work full time without hardly any physo help ( no health insurance). Tate would get the best treatment and as much physo as required without the need to get up at 6.00 to do a full days work.

Would you still say that if you were onto your fourth recon?

Avenger

Immortal
according to Pou logic it is a or decision as at present you would have to say that hasler is a better judge of skill and recovery of a player better than ba and better than all of you merkins

Pou's modus operandi is to be the devil's advocate for every discussion on the forums.

Haynzy

First Grade
or he may end up being the next Danny Sullivan. ok maybe not as good but you get the gist, right?

I was very happy with he promise crazy jake showed early but he may just be one of those guys who produces too much power through his quads for his knees to handle (or one of those idiots with a huge imbalance between his anterior and posterior thigh muscles so his ACLs aren't supported as well as they should be because they spend too much time doing squats and leg extensions for the muscles they see in the mirror).

Squats
Go deep or go home.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I reckon Hasler sees an opportunity to get a young player with massive potential for a fair bit cheaper than what we're currently paying him.

It's not about whether Loko has ability or potential. It's about cost, benefit and the club's exposure to risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.