What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I'd like to see Inu back here (for a reasonable price) but I think Loko has been moved on just because he is surplus to requirements. He'd be on top 17 money but not even guaranteed a top 17 spot when fit. Plus it sounds like he has a shit attitude.

As for this year I wouldn't be surprised if we're paying him something (if not all) with the Bulldogs getting him for free. I'd say most if not all of our salary cap relief for Loko is for next year.

Remember we're the ones who were on the hook for Loko. He has to have gained something by asking for a release, otherwise he could have just hung around until the end of next year and been paid his full contract.

As for the Dogs there's no way they would be paying him as much as we were because the player is no longer worth that much. If they're not offering as much as us then why would Loko ask to go there? It could only be because we're paying some of his salary. Most likely is that we're giving him a full payout for this year in exchange for the Dogs paying most of next year.

Avenger

Immortal
No chance we would be paying anything. It says immediate release which to me sounds like they are paying all of it.

Delboy

First Grade
Not sure about your summary Pou, think he asked for a release and consequently was paid up to 30th June and that is all, the club is working to make space available for a variety of reasons.

We did not move him and offer to pay any freight, he went to the club and asked for an early release.

Avenger

Immortal
In any event if we keep Hayne and Hopoate long term and this release contributes to that it was a wise move. You only have to see some of Loko's Instagram pics and videos (my 12 year old son showed me) to quickly realise he is a knob. Good riddance.

Avenger

Immortal
Not sure about your summary Pou, think he asked for a release and consequently was paid up to 30th June and that is all, the club is working to make space available for a variety of reasons.

We did not move him and offer to pay any freight, he went to the club and asked for an early release.

Sounds great to me. Tepai to now make his debut in NZ?

Gronk

Staff member
It may be a gamble, but it's best to lose a player who has chronic injury issues with potential, rather than a fit player who is currently demonstrating potential.

Let's face it, Pauli Pauli was not in the picture when Loko chipped over the top and scored THAT try. Now we have Lozza coming out and saying that Pauli Pauli will be tearing QLD a new arsehole in 2 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

All sounds warm and fuzzy from an Eels point of view but you have to ask what's in it for Loko and the Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts