What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
'Immediate' says nothing about the details other than when the release happened.

It does to me. Why the f**k would we release him this year and pay some of his wage to potentially play for the dogs and against us in 2014? We are not paying anything. Have faith.

Gronk

Staff member
It does to me. Why the f**k would we release him this year and pay some of his wage to potentially play for the dogs and against us in 2014? We are not paying anything. Have faith.

Yeah I reckon the trigger for this is the coach telling Jacob that he won't be anyway near FG next season and suggested that he look elsewhere. Frees up some upgrade cash.

Joely01

Bench
The club was happy to stick by Loko (like they have for years now) but his continuous off-field behavior is the main reason behind this.

Also, the Inu deal doesn't look to be happening anymore

Lemon Squash

First Grade
12 months ago I would have been devo to lose Loko, but tbh I think now we have so many good juniors coming through I don't think we will overly miss him.

His future is in the second row and he is untested there so may well prove to be a flop. Plus gut feeling tells me he is going to be riddled with injuries throughout his career.

Best of luck to him though.

Captain BF

Juniors
Is there any truth in Loko being able to play now but Parra not wanting him to play untill next season to give him extra time to recover?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
12 months ago I would have been devo to lose Loko, but tbh I think now we have so many good juniors coming through I don't think we will overly miss him.

I had this exact same thought earlier today. This time last year he was one of our biggest hopes for the future and now I'm glad he's gone.

His future is in the second row and he is untested there so may well prove to be a flop. Plus gut feeling tells me he is going to be riddled with injuries throughout his career.

Best of luck to him though.

Agreed on all points except wishing the merkin luck.

forward pass

Coach
PETER Sharp has moved quickly to ensure he stays involved in rugby league, holding talks with the Parramatta Eels just 24-hours after resigning from his post as interim coach of Cronulla.
Sharp handed in his resignation at the Sharks late on Monday afternoon with The Daily Telegraph learning this afternoon of the experienced coach’s discussions with the Eels to take up the vacant role of recruitment manager.
The Eels are yet to fill the void left by recruitment officer Peter Nolan, who returned to the Brisbane Broncos just over two months ago.
Sharp, who is yet to speak publicly about his sudden exit from the Sharks, has wasted no time moving on from the embattled club, who continued their own search for a replacement for Sharp yesterday.
As many as 10 applicants, both locally and overseas, have applied for the job of guiding the Sharks for the remaining nine weeks of the season, with former St George Illawarra coach Steve Price and former Canberra coach Andrew Dunemann, considered the two frontrunners.
Price, who lives in the Sutherland Shire, is considered the most logical appointment given his experience as a head coach with the Dragons.
While there is no guarantee that whoever is appointed will remain on as an assistant once suspended coach Shane Flanagan returns in September, they will put themselves in the box seat to do so.
The Cronulla board have been deliberate in taking their time in making a decision on who should replace Sharp, content to let current assistant coach James Shepherd to take the reins ahead of the Sharks tough encounter with premiers, the Sydney Roosters on Saturday night.
Sharp has a long history with the Eels having worked as an assistant and defensive coach under previous coaches Brian Smith, Daniel Anderson and Stephen Kearney.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pe...-cronulla-sharks/story-fndv34of-1226975392273

yy_cheng

Coach
On your bike

10413293_1431950033758893_642751763545982386_n.jpg

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
It's pretty basic for me, we gave up loko because we signed de gois. Not saying loko might not have been cut loose eventually but when we made the decision to recruit a backup hooker midseason, the decision would already have been made at that point someone had to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts