What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If Sharpe comes on board as recruitment officer, there is f**k all else for DA to do

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's pretty basic for me

In this case simple is probably a better word than basic.

we gave up loko because we signed de gois. Not saying loko might not have been cut loose eventually but when we made the decision to recruit a backup hooker midseason, the decision would already have been made at that point someone had to go

If De Gois had put us over the cap then he wouldn't have been registered by the NRL. If he didn't put us over the cap then there was no need to release anyone.

We have surely chosen to release Loko for the salary cap benefit next year. That's not to say there won't also be a benefit to our cap this year but I doubt it. Someone needs to be paying Loko for the rest of this year and I can't see where the Dogs would have found the cap space. More likely is that they would be paying most/all of his contract for 2015.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
The dogs may have had space through releasing Barba and thinking the broncos would release Hoffman to them. Obviously that didn't happen

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The dogs may have had space through releasing Barba and thinking the broncos would release Hoffman to them. Obviously that didn't happen

Fair point but they surely by now would have used any significant cap space on retention. More likely is their desperation for outside backs this year would have led to them pushing payment into future years, as we would have done with signing De Gois. This is one way clubs end up with back ended contracts.

The Colonel

Immortal
We released Santi and Harrison and restructured Ma'u's contract. That would have been where we picked up De Gois. The Loko release will help us next year.

I doubt he will play much first grade. The injuries have been severe and his rehabilitation particularly ordinary.

yy_cheng

Coach
Imagine Dogs vs Eels and loko plays.

Sandow will kamakazi his knees and he'll be having surgery again

Pazza

First Grade
Dogs site says he has played 23 games in first grade since 2011. Says it all doesn't it!

Craig Johnston

First Grade
In this case simple is probably a better word than basic.

If De Gois had put us over the cap then he wouldn't have been registered by the NRL. If he didn't put us over the cap then there was no need to release anyone.

We have surely chosen to release Loko for the salary cap benefit next year. That's not to say there won't also be a benefit to our cap this year but I doubt it. Someone needs to be paying Loko for the rest of this year and I can't see where the Dogs would have found the cap space. More likely is that they would be paying most/all of his contract for 2015.

What proof do you have of this ? You're talking out of your arse again,

Cap audits are done after the season

bartman

Immortal
Article is wrong, he wasn't an assistant under Kearney at the eels
Well Sharp's got a pretty good record then. Assistant to the two coaches that took us to Grand Finals, and skipped the terrible cellar dwelling Kearney-Stuart years.

Sign him up!

hindy111

Post Whore
Dogs have Morris and Lafai as there centres.Also Stanley. Not sure where they would use Loko or how much they would of paid for him TBH.
In second row is option as Pritchard and Eastwood are getting old.

Loko may go on to be a star.But there is just as good a chance he will have another knee injury and call it quits.Or even become an average second rower.

Ben Smith was a great centre until he did his knees.I don't think he ever returned the same player.Lost his speed and just wasn't effective enough breaking tackles.

Im not overlly concerned.We have 3-4 players who can do the same job for less money

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Why would they need to conduct audits to know how much players are on? They get this info whenever they register a contract.

Isn't as simple as totalling contract values muppet, there are incentive bonuses match payments etc that can turn a club from being well under a cap to well over.

Ironic that... You seem to know the word simple quite well

Status
Not open for further replies.