What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
DAVID Williams has been suspended for the rest of the 2014 season for illegally betting on NRL matches.
He was one of five players suspended but Williams received, by far, the most serious penalty for placing multiple bets on games including several of which he was involved.
Two Melbourne Storm players, Slade Griffin and Hymel Hunt, Cody Nelson from the Gold Coast Titans and the Cowboys’ Ethan Lowe were the other players suspended.
Those four were suspended for two matches for betting on games in which their clubs were involved although they weren’t playing.
In addition to these penalties, three casual game day officials have been sacked and nine others suspended for the rest of the season for betting breaches
First and final warnings have been issued to a further 12 registered NRL players, staff and officials who placed bets on rugby league matches.

After The Daily Telegraph named the Manly glamour winger as the first player charged, it can also be revealed a second Manly player — back-rower Daniel Harrison — has been contacted by the NRL about illicit betting, albeit to a far lesser degree than his teammate.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-more-suspended/story-fni3gnk1-1226983476755

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Either Massoud had his own scoop or he has been reading the forum. In the paper today he mentions how Maitua made a visit to Pirtek stadium on Monday to see his mate Tonga. He should just contact me directly :)

Hey Josh!

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah, he'd have to be THE form centre in the comp.

Is he actually off contract ? One site that I use for this info ( Zero nospam etc) suggests that he's under contract for 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.