What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
so in 2016 how much do you reckon we'll have to pay for the young guys who are now cheap? still gonna be relatively cheap? ... probably these days is every merkin wants to be something straight away, young or not - and their managers are gonna go to town

2 of the three articles above seem to contradict each other.

How does a team that is paying $750k for players not at the Club, only has 21 players on the NRL pay roll and say that the situation is not likely to improve for 2015, is then some how in a position where they are considering buying another player and are willing to buy-out a large chunk of the players heavily back-ended deal for next year, which is apparently worth $970k!

This makes no logical sense whatsoever...

Well, one of the articles seems to contradict itself, saying that the 'situation is no brighter for next year', but then in the final paragraph quotes Seward as saying 'We're probably still compromised in 2015....that's not to say that we won't be in the market' and that we won't be after any marquee players. He also says that we will be 'coming out of it' in 2016.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
so in 2016 how much do you reckon we'll have to pay for the young guys who are now cheap? still gonna be relatively cheap? ... probably these days is every merkin wants to be something straight away, young or not - and their managers are gonna go to town

Yeah but if those younger players are now decent nrl players we don't need to chase as many new players. Always easier to keep players then have to sign new players

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Considering how bad our cap management may be I reckon we still have a pretty decent squad. Injuries have killed us over the last month but with a fit squad we could push for a top 6 spot.

Next year our rookies (Paulo, Pauli, semi) will be a year older and hopefully better plus add peats/mossop to the pack and we aren't that bad. It we lose sio just reckon we need to pick up a cheap experienced back as cover , they don't need to be a superstar. And it would be nice to pick up an experienced cheap forward like we did with gower.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I look forward to the day a new coach takes over and says:

"F**k me! I have managed to end up at a completely shyteful club. I'm good but I am not a miracle worker. If I was a doey, inbred Parra fan, I would get ready for some more mediocrity"

#CareerLimiting

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Anyway looks like this year and next year are just rebuilding years and a chance for is to sort out our cap management.
Hopefully by 2016 our cap will be healthy. Looking forward to it.

Avenger

Immortal
Reading all this I would say that Sio and Joseph Paulo won't be re-signed. I dare say they will snare Hayne before November 1. Paying part of Loko's salary to play for the Dogs leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

emjaycee

Coach
Reading all this I would say that Sio and Joseph Paulo won't be re-signed. I dare say they will snare Hayne before November 1. Paying part of Loko's salary to play for the Dogs leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Wasn't there a rumour the other day that the Dogs won't release INU to us unless we take his full 2015 salary, like they took for Loko?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Sounds like the issue is we had to release Loko to be under the cap for 2015 (and maybe give us some room to sign a fringe player) but the dogs aren't over the cap for 2015 so they don't need to release Inu

Avenger

Immortal
When you compare our roster to the Dogs you just shake your head and know that we:

1. Overvalue our players.

2. Don't have the third party power like they have.

3. Are paying for the fact that we have been shit since 2009 and must pay overs to attract players.

yy_cheng

Coach
When you compare our roster to the Dogs you just shake your head and know that we:

1. Overvalue our players.

2. Don't have the third party power like they have.

3. Are paying for the fact that we have been shit since 2009 and must pay overs to attract players.

I blame it on the retirement of Cronin and price

Status
Not open for further replies.