What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Reynolds is a lottery

He is behind a strong pack and provides an excellent kicking game.

Running the team and making plays are unknown at this point in time

That may be so, but it also appears that he is not required for much longer at Souths.

All the other names bandied around are key players for their Clubs going forward.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We wont need a kicker if we sign Inu.

Or Brett Delaney. ;-)

What about aiming for something a bit cheaper than DCE... It appears Adam Reynolds is on the outer at Souths. Did he and Peats not come through the lower grades together?

For mine Reynolds is more of the Cooper Cronk style of halfback we need, rather than the creative style like DCE.
I think Reynolds is massively overrated but you can't discount the fact that his team is heading for its third top four finish in three years.

Which is not to say that he is the one responsible for such success - Inglis, Sutton, Luke and that huge pack are the true stars at Souths, but Reynolds hasn't hindered them.

I'm hoping Ryan Matterson can become that supporting half. He just needs to improve his kicking game.

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We wont need a kicker if we sign Inu.

What about aiming for something a bit cheaper than DCE... It appears Adam Reynolds is on the outer at Souths. Did he and Peats not come through the lower grades together?

For mine Reynolds is more of the Cooper Cronk style of halfback we need, rather than the creative style like DCE.

Por que no los dos? Nah but seriously DCE for right half and Matto for left half.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't rate Reynolds. Hodkinson is probably the best and safest bet.

I think Hodkinson would be great, but how much do you think the NSW State of Origin half back is going to cost? Why would the Dogs let him go when he is the only real option for them??

Avenger

Immortal
What is Matterson actually like? What's his current strengths and weaknesses??

Which current NRL player is he most like as a player???

He is a Scott Hill/John Sutton type of 5/8th. I really rate this kid. Great passing game and short kicking game. Very tall and a strong build for a 6 but I think that is his best position. Plays on the left from memory.

Chipmunk

Coach
He is a Scott Hill/John Sutton type of 5/8th. I really rate this kid. Great passing game and short kicking game. Very tall and a strong build for a 6 but I think that is his best position. Plays on the left from memory.

So would another young comparable player be Curtis Sironen?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well then don't buy anyone, make him our 7 and Matterson our 6.

Yeah I think that would be the best use of our cap. I don't really care what numbers they wear, but Norman is the left footer so he should stay on that side.

It all comes down to Matterson's development. Norman's too I guess.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yeah I think that would be the best use of our cap. I don't really care what numbers they wear, but Norman is the left footer so he should stay on that side.

It all comes down to Matterson's development. Norman's too I guess.

Ok, so is he good enough at this point to next year come off the bench and play the role that Joseph Paulo currently does?

Chipmunk

Coach
How's Docker Clay and Joey Lussick coming along? Are either of those guys capable of being our starting 7 in 2016 or 2017?

Is it worth persevering with these young guys once Sandow is gone and concentrating on other areas for recruitment?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok, so is he good enough at this point to next year come off the bench and play the role that Joseph Paulo currently does?

Dunno mate. In a perfect world he'll come off the bench next year and start at right half in 2016.

I have no idea how good he'll be next year. He's already good enough for NSW Cup and after next off season he will potentially be a much better player so he could be up to playing some NRL next year if not 20+ games. By 2016 who knows how good he'll be? Hopefully not still playing for Wenty.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How's Docker Clay and Joey Lussick coming along? Are either of those guys capable of being our starting 7 in 2016 or 2017?

Is it worth persevering with these young guys once Sandow is gone and concentrating on other areas for recruitment?

I think it depends on how Norman develops. If he kills it next year we only need to replace Sandow with a cheap supporting half like Robson or Reynolds. Otherwise we might need to shell out for some quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.