What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
$4 million for DCE :shock:

Bs5yEUUCMAAe3pz.jpg

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
$1 million for a quality half aren't that bad. Reckon hoppa might need to take a reduced contract if we get cherry

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Do you reckon he will?

If he doesn't get some of his speed back I reckon he will. Looks a bit to slow for fullback at moment and that's where the big bucks are.

Obviously only guessing what he is on, but reckon he would struggle to get $500k at the moment. I put him just on par with the Morris brothers, Jennings, ferguson etc and I doubt they are getting more then that.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wh...994641441?nk=39689b79fccd1aeab2fcaaf8677d03d1

What’s the Buzz: The Parramatta Eels are set to offer Daly Cherry-Evans $4 million

Phil Rothfield
The Sunday Telegraph
July 20, 2014 12:00AM

THE Parramatta Eels want to pinch Manly’s champion halfback Daly Cherry-Evans — and they are prepared to offer $4 million to get him.

Eels coach Brad Arthur believes he is the one player to complete the jigsaw and deliver Parramatta’s first premiership since 1986.

It would be their first champion halfback since Peter Sterling.

Cherry-Evans has put contract talks at Manly on hold until next season, when his current deal expires.

It was originally expected that he would head to the Brisbane Broncos, but his wife enjoys life in Sydney and wants their young family to stay in the Harbour City.

I’m told the Eels are prepared to go to $4 million — a cool $1 million-a-season — over four years to secure one of the game’s best playmakers. It would give the Eels potentially a premiership winning spine with Jarryd Hayne at fullback, Cherry-Evans at halfback and Nathan Peats at hooker.

Like a lot of Manly players, Cherry-Evans has enormous respect for Parramatta coach Arthur, who was assistant coach at the Sea Eagles last season.

The plan to secure the brilliant Queensland halfback would mean the end of Chris Sandow’s association with Parramatta.

Unless he is picked up by a rival Sydney club, England’s Super League would be his most likely option.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wife would make me travel a long further then the northern beach to parramatta for a $1 million bucks a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.