What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kikau in advance 100%. I wouldn't have tabled him an offer, same with Critter. Bang simples
But we still would have needed to lose others; there isn’t a pile of cash offered to those that now can’t be used; it has been used to sign up other players.

So the calculus the club needs to do is to decide to not match API’s offer, and run with Mitch and Luke, or go with an alternative way to free up cash (as an example, let’s say say shop Yeo and sign Hopgood).

Tough choices need to be made. I think there is still a lot of improvement to come from the hooker position, but paying an obviously slowing Api a shed-load for three years wasn’t the option either.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I will re ask the question to keep Api and Kiks.....who would you be willing to lose.....perhaps Yeo or maybe Leota, or even perhaps even Cleary ?

and

So Ivan having a good eye in spotting a cheap valued added replacement. Now that is a problem.......

Really !

Blade23

Juniors
Losing these guys aren't the problem. Replacing everyone that leaves on the cheap is

All about balancing the cap. We can't replace a top liner with another and then have money left over for future upgrades for rising stars.
In the next 2-3 years there will be a few special kids that will debut, and they will need significant upgrades. The club needs to keep money aside.
We are development club. Any signings are usually to fill in the gaps or buy time till a junior is ready.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
All about balancing the cap. We can't replace a top liner with another and then have money left over for future upgrades for rising stars.
In the next 2-3 years there will be a few special kids that will debut, and they will need significant upgrades. The club needs to keep money aside.
We are development club. Any signings are usually to fill in the gaps or buy time till a junior is ready.
All understandable but backing Mitch Kenny (who will never ever be good enough to play 9) and a 26 year old injury plagued rookie Soni Luke to play maybe the most important position on the field is very hopeful.

P.s I do have Kenny in our best 17. I love his work in defence

All understandable but backing Mitch Kenny (who will never ever be good enough to play 9) and a 26 year old injury plagued rookie Soni Luke to play maybe the most important position on the field is very hopeful.

" I complained I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

Munky

Coach
The real kicker with the cap is if your halves are willing to take slight unders to allow atleast two top class middle forwards.

No one is winning a comp without two rep quality middle to give the halves room.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Wonder if we could get Api back for last part of season and finals like TPJ and nevalofa. Wests won’t make semis clearly they are nuisance value already.

Hooked

Juniors
Wonder if we could get Api back for last part of season and finals like TPJ and nevalofa. Wests won’t make semis clearly they are nuisance value already.

On a serious note. I think their hatred of us would preclude it from happening.

Blade23

Juniors

Kenny is a good 14. Luke has talent, but the body is a concern.

Iamback

Referee

I don't think a single person here thinks we should go externally to replace Crichton, So in some cases it is a no brainer.

The club has never developed a hooker ever, Gower would of made a decent one. Wallace when he came back but that was due to injury slowing him down.

I have back most calls, I said we are better off since Gus left, I still think that but some calls are strange.

If Garner and Martin are fit next week, The NSW Cup edge will be 28 year old Chris Smith - who is zero chance of a long career here and Garner who some people doubt is a FG.

So if the plan is Hassett or Mav to replace from within they should be playing against fringe guys now to help the development. Instead of
Putting more plodders in their way.

Similar to what happened last year with getting Api replaced

Iamback

Referee

He has Ruben Cotter vibes. Limited 9 but decent middle

Iamback

Referee
The real kicker with the cap is if your halves are willing to take slight unders to allow atleast two top class middle forwards.

No one is winning a comp without two rep quality middle to give the halves room.

I like to look at those around. To compare

Storm have gone all in with an elite spine - Assuming Papenhuyzen can stay on the field

Roosters went and paid elite money for a hooker.

Souths top 3 players are FB, 6 and 9.

Ours are Cleary, Yeo and either fish or Luai.
So the scope should be there to add more class but the club is too conservative.

Latest posts