What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Api came in after we missed the 8 and took us to 3 grand finals winning two after a decade of dominance from storm and roosters. If we really want to go down that route my money is on api.

I love Api he’s a huge loss, but it was a lot more than him that got us to 3 gfs. 2019 was an aberration off the back all the shot that happened at the start of the year. We’ve lost Api and currently sit first with 6 points being our biggest loss, let’s not pretend Api was reason we were so good the last 3 years, he was just an important cog, important though so far A cog that the side proven to be expendable. Api was playing off the bench when we signed him, and he’s improved the tigers so much they look likely to win another spoon. I’m not knocking him at all, he’s a big loss but we were just as good for him as he was for us.

Who is our best hooker ever? I dunno, Api is up there but it’s hard to go past Royce. Even priddo on his day is a challenge to both.

mxlegend99

Referee
I love Api he’s a huge loss, but it was a lot more than him that got us to 3 gfs. 2019 was an aberration off the back all the shot that happened at the start of the year. We’ve lost Api and currently sit first with 6 points being our biggest loss, let’s not pretend Api was reason we were so good the last 3 years, he was just an important cog, important though so far A cog that the side proven to be expendable. Api was playing off the bench when we signed him, and he’s improved the tigers so much they look likely to win another spoon. I’m not knocking him at all, he’s a big loss but we were just as good for him as he was for us.

Who is our best hooker ever? I dunno, Api is up there but it’s hard to go past Royce. Even priddo on his day is a challenge to both.
If we had Api in our side this year, I say we're undefeated. It's no coincidence he shows up and we're in every grand final... and winning nearly every game. We've had a lot of guys improve since he showed up and gained a winning culture. But if he didn't return. There's no way the last 3 years play out the way they did.

betcats

Referee
If we had Api in our side this year, I say we're undefeated. It's no coincidence he shows up and we're in every grand final... and winning nearly every game. We've had a lot of guys improve since he showed up and gained a winning culture. But if he didn't return. There's no way the last 3 years play out the way they did.

If we had him we’d be undefeated, why? We weren’t undefeated when we had him why would we be this year? Cause the rest of the side is so good? We are a system, Api is a great player that excelled in our system but he isn’t the reason the system exists. I’ll say again, he’s has such an impact on the tigers they’ve gone from last to….last.

If we had him we’d be undefeated, why? We weren’t undefeated when we had him why would we be this year? Cause the rest of the side is so good? We are a system, Api is a great player that excelled in our system but he isn’t the reason the system exists. I’ll say again, he’s has such an impact on the tigers they’ve gone from last to….last.
16th to 17th 🤣

maple_69

Bench
At a certain point the club will need to identify the guys that they want to replace Yeo, Cleary, Luai and Edwards. None are urgent but we also don’t want it to happen all at once and we don’t want the right kid for the job to move along because the spot isn’t there. Some of these guys might need to be transitioned out before they are past it to get it right. Iongi/Cole/Turuva/McLean/Laurie for Edwards/Cole in 2025 might be a hard choice that helps lock in another 5 years at the top.

If they both get the 3 years you’d expect, our 1/6/7/13 all come off contract in 2027 at the ages of 30/29/28/31. Maybe that’s the time to move a few on, but it also could be 2026 for one of them.

Latest posts