What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Big Mick

Referee
Alamoti from the bulldogs is off contract this year apparently, he looks a good prospect.
I suspect he would be on overs and will probably be resigned but the dogs are under a lot of pressure.
They may not have the patience to wait for a young kid to hit his stride, or the ability to help him improve.

Injury prone and can't tackle. No thanks.

Abacus

Juniors
Alamoti from the bulldogs is off contract this year apparently, he looks a good prospect.
I suspect he would be on overs and will probably be resigned but the dogs are under a lot of pressure.
They may not have the patience to wait for a young kid to hit his stride, or the ability to help him improve.
If we're considering outside backs, I've been impressed by Billy Smith now that he's been able to stay on the field for a period. Given his injury history, he could be in our price range.

Kilkenny

Coach
Burton had a few misses here but then other games had belt blokes for us and he's been shite the whole second half of this year. I don't think Cam is a head coach by the looks. The squad has issues but it's still WAY underperformed
I wouldn’t write of Cameron Ciraldo after one season.

There obvious issues with the playing roster and I’m not sure the players that have recruited thus far for next season are going to make much difference.

Im not sure the mid season swoop by Gus for Toby Sexton was too smart, he isn’t top shelf number 7 material.

Kilkenny

Coach
If we're considering outside backs, I've been impressed by Billy Smith now that he's been able to stay on the field for a period. Given his injury history, he could be in our price range.
Good player, nice to see him enjoy an injury free period.

Ithink he may be on more money than you think and the Roosters are keen to keep him anyway so he’ll be staying put I suspect.

Abacus

Juniors
Good player, nice to see him enjoy an injury free period.

Ithink he may be on more money than you think and the Roosters are keen to keep him anyway so he’ll be staying put I suspect.
I'd be surprised if he's on good coin. He signed his current deal while recovering from an ACL and shoulder dislocation. He'd be a gamble in terms of his injury history, so would reduce the dollars he could ask.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think he's off contract this year...maybe Easts have already spent their coin.
I think his current contract ends this season.

The Roosters will have little if any money left to spend, given there current roster, new additions including Spencer, and resigning JWH for another season go figure that one.

No idea what is asking price would likely be but have to think he would be worthy of $400k or thereabouts.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s kind of ironic Paul Momorovski still has a year to go on his current deal with Roosters. He had a decent one season with us, got himself a premiership medal, but never quite understood why the Roosters thought him worthy of a three year deal even if he was on average money. Just seemed a squad player at best.

Girds89

Bench
Of the fringe guys off contracf i assume preston riki might be released.

Real shame.. injury probs hurt his chances of cracking the big time.

He had enough potential imo to make the step up but for one reason or another hasnt.

I hope maybe he gets another 1 year deal.. i know hes a bit older now but i still think if he was given a sniff and could stay fit hed do well..

Tall, mobile, big with and offload and can play 80.. has the physical attributes...

Big Mick

Referee
He'd be more a type of signing I'd be after as a "let's see how it goes". He has shown he's capable of being a really good centre. Off contract. Was on good coin - not sure if Roosters will see value in keeping him at that value. He might reward their faith in a lower 1 year deal.

But if not - worth a shot. Would much rather him than others that are off-contract in the centres.