What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Big Mick

Referee
Ethan Bullemor would be a good pick up at the right price. Suits our style of forward, not overly big but has got a massive motor and very mobile.

Wanted him for a while. Don't think he leaves Manly now he is playing his preferred position of middle forward.

If Des was still there and playing him on an edge - maybe. But not now.

maple_69

Bench
If we do re-sign Edwards & Luai and May/Tito have to walk after 2024, then we have both Cole & McLean signed long term and look ready to step up soon. Edwards, McLean, Cole, Tago, To'o should be a great backline in our system and there's no reason to doubt guys like Sielaff-Burns won't continue plugging gaps from 2025. I'd only be looking at experienced depth backs for next year. Staines would be great, or even a Brendan Elliot/ Gennings type who are really solid Cup players but will plug gaps when needed.

I know of one lower grade signing. Young bloke from the country. Local paper from where he is from will probably have a story soon.

A few off contract fringes won't be retained. Shouldn't' be too hard to work out who.
What town does the young bloke from the country come from?

Hooked

Juniors

Panthers look to Schneider​

The Penrith Panthers have offered Super League playmaker Brad Schneider a deal to join the premiers as Jack Cogger’s replacement from next season.
Schneider, who played 12 games for the Canberra Raiders before leaving mid-season to join Hull KR, has caught the eye of Panthers coach Ivan Cleary.

The left-footed playmaker has been in sublime form in the Super League, leading his team to the Challenge Cup final.

The Panthers had hoped to keep Cogger at the club but their two-year offer wasn’t enough to prevent the back-up playmaker from linking up with Newcastle on a three-year deal.

The understudy role at Penrith over the last couple of years has proven to be a career-changed. Sean O’Sullivan made the most of his opportunities last year and managed to secure a long-term starting role at the Dolphins.

Cogger has also managed to reignite his NRL career following a stint at the Panthers. Tigers half Brandon Wakeham has been offered to Penrith but the club has decided to go in a different direction.

Frankus

Juniors
A couple of players I think could do well here and wouldn't cost us the world are Nathan Brown and Tepai Moeroa - although I have no idea about their contract status for 2024. Moeroa could replace that impact forward role Leniu fills off the bench and be the 2nd bench middle along with Smith who plays a completely different role. Brown could also fill that role but would be a risk due to his hot headed playing style.

MugaB

Coach
A couple of players I think could do well here and wouldn't cost us the world are Nathan Brown and Tepai Moeroa - although I have no idea about their contract status for 2024. Moeroa could replace that impact forward role Leniu fills off the bench and be the 2nd bench middle along with Smith who plays a completely different role. Brown could also fill that role but would be a risk due to his hot headed playing style.
Nathan brown no thanks, undisciplined and misses more tackles than makes, we are better off sticking to our own youngsters than importing plodders that cost alot in comparison and offer the same or less output from other clubs

snickers007

Juniors
I don't think Nathan Brown would be a good fit culturally. Spends far too much time with Jarryd Hayne for my liking.

Also don't think his brand of footy is what we need. Grubby "enforcer" is not really a role I see us needing.

I've always liked Moeroa, but it seems like he's really dropped off since going to Melbourne. Could be injury related (I have no idea), but 9/10 the players who struggle at Melbourne usually have a terrible attitude and/or poor work ethic.

Iamback

Coach
Schneider can play hooker and Goal Kick. A no brainer in comparison to Wakeham.

Him and Laurie are very good backup halves

John Hamblin

Juniors
isn;t Moera one of our juniors perhaps from St Clair?

martielang

Bench

Moroea is a great call. Always had potential and starting to look a real threat for Storm.

Kilkenny

Coach
@Blade23 is that backrower, who debuted for us, and who wants to return, he wouldn't be Kikau?
He probably never wanted to leave in the first place, but salary cap being what it is, he chose to move on. Certainly not Kikau.

There were suggestions it may have been Billy Burns but he has had a strong back end of the season and if the reports are correct the incoming coach for the Dragons wants to keep him.

Latest posts