What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
BMM = Ben Murdoch-Masila

Terrell May would be a good pickup - fair to say he would get more game time here than he would at the Chooks with Spencer going there and JWH extending another year.

what do we need more of? prop or 2nd row?

Prop.

Particularly one to fill Spencer as close to a like for like

chrisD

Coach
You'll have a hard on Friday night. Momo is back.
Needs Ivan, Robbo can't get anything out of him, which is why it'd make sense for them to give him back and pay all his wage above the minimum, and we can pay someone to take away Peachey. Everyone wins.

Fangs

Coach
Needs Ivan, Robbo can't get anything out of him, which is why it'd make sense for them to give him back and pay all his wage above the minimum, and we can pay someone to take away Peachey. Everyone wins.

Well he needs our system/Ivan. He would excel like many others have.

In a trade scenario I'd take Terrell May before Momo as I'm reasonably confident we have some guys who can cover for Crichton + depth. Whereas I don't see anyone replacing Leniu's impact.

My feeling is that the players and perhaps the club are a bit sentimental towards Peachey. They want to get him a premiership. Every chance he gets it pending on the fitness of Tago. And we already gave him an extra year so I don't see a near future where he gets traded.

martielang

Bench
People have just got to be realistic in their expectations of what a second/third string centre option and likely first/second string utility option can provide. You'd think Peach was on $800k a year and losing every other game for us the way people hammer him. He's done an outstanding job for us this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
People have just got to be realistic in their expectations of what a second/third string centre option and likely first/second string utility option can provide. You'd think Peach was on $800k a year and losing every other game for us the way people hammer him. He's done an outstanding job for us this year.
Give me Peach over Momirovski any day.

Neither likes to pass the ball. But Peachey is atleast dangerous with it.

Considering his form for Tigers and Titans. Peachey has absolutely exceeded any reasonable expectations IMO. Very solid backup.

Big Mick

Referee
Heard the other day the Roosters are also having a nibble at Lindsay Smith. I hope we have enough in the bank to keep him. Not sure that move would make sense for him given they have Collins, JWH, May and now Leniu along with some other prop prospects.

So hoping there is nothing to that interest other than increasing his price for us to pay.

Blade23

Juniors
Heard the other day the Roosters are also having a nibble at Lindsay Smith. I hope we have enough in the bank to keep him. Not sure that move would make sense for him given they have Collins, JWH, May and now Leniu along with some other prop prospects.

So hoping there is nothing to that interest other than increasing his price for us to pay.

The club has started negotiations to extend (Along with a few others) His management is going around gauging interest and values. Common practice.
Then his management will come back to us after the season ends.

Exsilium

Coach
The club has started negotiations to extend (Along with a few others) His management is going around gauging interest and values. Common practice.

Id like to keep Owen Wilson if we can.

Big Mick

Referee
Lindsay Smith has re-signed until end of 2026. On the Telegraph website now in Sports Confidential.
That's great news tbh. Was worried when I heard from my friend at the Roosters because he was the one that told me Leniu was coming and I got shit scared lol.

Granted he never said there was anything official - just that they'd be keen to give him an offer.

So I'm glad we got ahead of it. He's been awesome this year.

Hoping for the same from Liam Henry next year.

Big Mick

Referee
Cheers mate. Appreciate the info.

Quick question - is there a view within the club that Jack Cole is a utility/centre similar to how we brought on Burton - or that he's a five-eight? Just curious that Laurie and Schneider are now on the roster which I assume means the NSW Cup spine will be 1. Iongi, 6. Laurie, 7. Schneider, 9. Sommerton.

I'm curious where Cole fights now - and whether a good off season could have him competing for that #14 on the bench in NRL as the utility.

Latest posts